Home U.S. Coin Forum

PNNA this weekend. Who's going?

SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to the Fall PNNA show October 6-8.
I see on the dealer list @Lakesammman will be there.
I'm hoping @2windy2fish sets up.
Who else has a table(s) or is planning on stopping by?
It's always fun meeting up with forum folk.

https://www.pnna.org/wp/events/fall/

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

Comments

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just heard about this from someone on MyCollect. Sounds like a great show. Doesn't work this year but maybe a retirement road trip in the future.

• Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll be in the Florida keys for my bday! 😜

Maybe next year

BHNC #248 … 130 and counting.

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm planning to go on Friday for a few hours.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great show. I'll venture down to Tukwila for a few hours, either Fri of Sat. Not really looking for anything in particular, but who knows.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll be there again.

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun and as RickO would say, show reports!

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • 2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy Yes, i’ll be set up there in my usual spot!

• yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@airplanenut said:
    I'm planning to go on Friday for a few hours.

Ditto.

@coinbuf said:

Gonna try something colorful just for him :)

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • KoveKove Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:

And, "How was bullion selling?"

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2023 3:02PM

@coinbuf said:

@coinbuf @airplanenut and @Kove that's really great.

I'll add, "...when I lived in the NW that was one of the best shows to attend"
    missing @ricko

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

@coinbuf said:

RickO absolutely loved this show, as well as the nearby annual Boeing show. Knowing that he lived in the Pacific NW years ago, I’d always post lots of show pics for him. He was always so appreciative, and usually replied within a nanosecond. Miss you RickO.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too far for me.

• InlanderInlander Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I'll be there on Friday... haven't been to a show in a while.

• FishproFishpro Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

I will be setting up for the show . Bring mostly Morgan’s.

• NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

Possibly Friday or Saturday.

Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2023 10:55PM

I was planning on going but have taken ill.
    Sucks!!!

Things had better work out for the spring show!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2023 5:29PM

Looking forward to chatting with folks at the show!

Will be bringing an eclectic mix of stuff , as usual, to include PCGS samples, Dan Carr tokens, real coins, etc.

Please be sure to stop and say hello. I probably won't be shaking hands after getting Covid at the LB show ...... :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.

@Lakesammman said:
    Looking forward to chatting with folks at the show!

I look forward to pestering you!

Please be sure to stop and say hello. I probably won't be shaking hands after getting Covid at the LB show ...... :D

Now that you have that out of the way... bear hug it is!

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did I mention rare plastic .... ? :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
    edited October 8, 2023 11:45AM

Nice show today (Sat). There were a few empty tables, but overall a better than average PNNA show.

I was able to pic up my first Proof Barber quarter. Sorry about the lousy pics, but it’s really nice for a PF64 CAC. Nicely mirrored fields with copper/gold toning. I’m not really a proof guy, but this one screamed ‘take me home’.

Anybody else pic up something fun?

Dave

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went on Friday, as I’ve got a family trip up to Seattle for the week. Brought a box of coins to walk the floor with, and some samples for @Lakesammman . Hung out with him and @Bochiman at their table talking story for a good little bit. It was excellent to meet them in person! On Lakes advice, I visited @2windy2fish but didn’t introduce myself as a forum member. I likely should have. Bounced around the floor, talked with @ThePennyLady, sold some coins a few tables down, and generally had a good time. Slid back through Lake’s table to find @airplanenut being largely insulted by the denizens thereof. Seemed like good sport, so I needlessly piled on! A great conversation ensued, and all were happy. Heck, @airplanenut even gave me a lift to the Link station, a great load off my mind! Thanks again dude!

I didn’t see that much buying and selling happening, but likely missed it. When I offered coins, even at sheet, most folks politely demurred, saying they spent their cash earlier (perhaps dealer to dealer was big??). I did see lots of folks looking through folders of raw coins. I inquired about generic gold, and most dealers were at least $100-150 over wholesale. I didn’t see much silver moving. I did sell about 8/23 coins, so it wasn’t a total bust, but the three rattlers I thought would move were kicked around a bunch, but not bit on.

Anyway, great to see some forum friends, and gives me some thoughts on doing the show next year…!

Cheers,
    Surf

Dead people tell interesting tales.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file