Home U.S. Coin Forum

How is MyCollect doing a few months into operations?

2»

Comments

• burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2023 4:20PM

The founder was on the Coin Show podcast with my friends Matt and Mike; I was excited about his expectations for the "report eBay fake coins" Group (https://www.mycollect.com/groups/ebayfakes ) basically planing it to be (my words) a 1-stop shop for reporting counterfeits.

• ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:
    The founder was on the Coin Show podcast with my friends Matt and Mike; I was excited about his expectations for the "report eBay fake coins" Group (https://www.mycollect.com/groups/ebayfakes ) basically planing it to be (my words) a 1-stop shop for reporting counterfeits.

Yes - trying to keep a record of all fakes being reported - so we can reference in the future. I'm told eBay is monitoring the group and taking action where appropriate.

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems in the last month or so MyCollect has been largely abandoned. I don't see anyone posting much of anything lately in any group. Once I stopped posting in my own groups, I realized I was pretty much alone.
    Sad.
    I thought it was a decent idea, but it I not getting the publicity or attention it deserves so feels like a waste of time.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    Seems in the last month or so MyCollect has been largely abandoned. I don't see anyone posting much of anything lately in any group. Once I stopped posting in my own groups, I realized I was pretty much alone.
    Sad.
    I thought it was a decent idea, but it I not getting the publicity or attention it deserves so feels like a waste of time.

I have only logged in once or twice since the creation of this thread. The guess the grade game brought a bit of excitement but it seems like it was not enough to keep people around long term.

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been using it regularly, and enjoying it. However, the communication like we have on this forum is far superior to that of MyCollect. To try to address that, MyCollect now allows one to format the main “discussion “ page in a format that is a bit closer to that used here.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was using it to play Guess the Grade earlier today.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm addicted to guess the grade

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• MoparmonsterMoparmonster Posts: 216 ✭✭✭✭

@P0CKETCHANGE said:
    I was using it to play Guess the Grade earlier today.

You’re right on my heals!! 😂

I should start playing more again. But I like being on the leaderboard and don’t want to drop off lol!! 😂

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm up to 3966 coins graded on guess the grade. I still pop in when I have a bit of free time.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file