Home Sports Talk
Options

Could the Dolphins offense be the best ever?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

This offense is explosive, fun to watch, and only getting better. The Dolphins are averaging 43.3 PPG, on pace for 737 points on the season, that would break the all-time NFL scoring record, that record was set by Peyton Manning and the 2013 Denver Broncos at 37.9 PPG. The Dolphins are practically a full TD per game ahead of them. They got the running game popping and the passing game, Tua is getting the ball out very quickly and his offensive line is protecting him, only one sack on the season, Jaylen Waddle didn't even suit up yesterday, one of their fastest receivers. This offense is scary good.

Comments

• Options

I'm still in shock over yesterday's beatdown, the greatest offensive display I've ever seen, on the ground, through the air, they were unstoppable, Broncos fans were demoralized.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2023 3:35AM

It's amazing how well they fired off on all cylinders yesterday, and without Waddle like you said.

One great game is what it is, but they have the pieces to be a consistent force to be reckoned with.

Big test against the Bills this Sunday

Dolphins 34
    Bills 23

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be a future GOAT in there somewhere. 😉

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

If Bill Belichick isn’t coaching it, then the answer is obviously no.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options

I've never seen anything like it, they couldn't even run the game clock down without accidentally scoring, the players were having the time of their lives, dancing it up.

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

I think as the NFL slowly morphs into the FFL, or flag football league, you will see more of this.
    The days of brutal hitting are over.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options

Well a dolphin is a smart, energetic fish so it's no surprise that this team is doing well.

• Options

I mean, look at this video, it was a freaking conga line.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I've never seen anything like it, they couldn't even run the game clock down without accidentally scoring, the players were having the time of their lives, dancing it up.

I've heard that out of fear, most Patriots and Jets fans have decided to switch their rooting venue to soccer.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was not even alive the last time an NFL team put up 70 points. Amazing game. I dont know if they will be the greatest offense of all time, but they are on the right track.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Tua will have to prove to me that he can play a full season without injury. I feel like he is one big hit to the head away from permanent retirement.

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

I've heard that out of fear, most Patriots and Jets fans have decided to switch their rooting venue to soccer.

I wish I could have been there to watch it in person, a team putting up 70 points, it was a party at the Miami game yesterday, they were dancing, taking selfies on the sidelines, heck I heard Mike McDaniel even brought in some strippers!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to early to tell. Next week will be a good test against buffalo. The broncos gave up and mostert was running wild on them along with the passing game.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2023 9:27AM

Being a Denver Broncos fan I watched part of the first half of yesterday's game and turned off the TV.

I did not want to watch anymore of the game and waste a gorgeous fall day by spending it getting into a foul mood. I am glad I turned off the TV

It looks like Denver is going nowhere fast this year :(

• Options

@4for4 said:
    I think as the NFL slowly morphs into the FFL, or flag football league, you will see more of this.
    The days of brutal hitting are over.

Someone forgot to give the Bears that memo :#

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are my fellow Patriots fans to say ...

In 2009 the Patriots beat the Titans 59-0. They didn't score in the 4th quarter, and Brady was taken out of the game, if I remember correctly, after his first drive in the 3rd. Here's some highlights.

https://youtu.be/Wsf-3ddzlzY?feature=shared

• Options

PS unless you are a Miami or KC fan, please tell me how you can root for Tyreek Hill?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are only into the third game of the season. “Greatest ever” seems a bit premature.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:
    PS unless you are a Miami or KC fan, please tell me how you can root for Tyreek Hill?

yup, he is a dirt bag. not sure why he wasnt cancelled

• Options

It's actually alarming that a team would literally just give up.like that, I remember years ago the Cardinals came to Gillette to play my Pats and it was snowing a bunch and freezing out, the Cardinals players straight up just didn't want any part of it and just lsyed down.

To let yourself get beat like that is a legit lack of self respect

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

I wish I could have been there to watch it in person, a team putting up 70 points, it was a party at the Miami game yesterday, they were dancing, taking selfies on the sidelines, heck I heard Mike McDaniel even brought in some strippers!

I'll be there, and the strippers have nothing to do with it. 😎

• Options

We'll see how good the Dolphins offense really is next week against the Bills, looking forward to that game. The Bills offense has been rolling the last two weeks as well, I hope we get a shootout!

• Options

nexts weeks game will be must see tv!!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

This offense is explosive, fun to watch, and only getting better. The Dolphins are averaging 43.3 PPG, on pace for 737 points on the season, that would break the all-time NFL scoring record, that record was set by Peyton Manning and the 2013 Denver Broncos at 37.9 PPG. The Dolphins are practically a full TD per game ahead of them. They got the running game popping and the passing game, Tua is getting the ball out very quickly and his offensive line is protecting him, only one sack on the season, Jaylen Waddle didn't even suit up yesterday, one of their fastest receivers. This offense is scary good.

Eh, they averaged 30 points the first two games and scored just 24 against New England. Right now, this is akin to asking if somebody will break the home run record because they hit 3 homers the first week.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@doubledragon said:

Eh, they averaged 30 points the first two games and scored just 24 against New England. Right now, this is akin to asking if somebody will break the home run record because they hit 3 homers the first week.

After thinking about it, I actually agree, the 70 point game really sent people into a frenzy, if they had scored 31 yesterday we wouldn't even be talking about it.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

A lot of people defend him, particularly Chiefs fans.

But it looks like he never really learned. https://youtu.be/l8g6-PhfUCw?si=zLqH-qvn2xmphJGQ

What should we expect from the league? Look at Watson.

I know there are POS on every team.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

But it looks like he never really learned. https://youtu.be/l8g6-PhfUCw?si=zLqH-qvn2xmphJGQ

Look at the murderer the patriots had on their team.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

Look at the murderer the patriots Chiefs had on their team.

Let's not forget Chiefs LB Jovan Belcher murdering his GF before killing himself back in 2012.

• Options
    edited September 25, 2023 10:35AM

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

Let's not forget Chiefs LB Jovan Belcher murdering his GF before killing himself back in 2012.

If memory serves that happened in the chiefs parking lot and Romeo Cranell was head coach. I think he was there when it happened. The suicide I mean.

My point is pats fans shouldn’t really be commenting on personal conduct by players on other teams.
    My understanding is Hernandez dropped way down in the draft until bb picked him in the fourth round
    and he dropped because of personal conduct problems at Florida. So billy boy kind of overlooked the warning signs.

• Options

Even the Dolphins second string were scoring.
    They showed mercy on the Broncos and didn't set a new all time high score record.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options

@Darin said:

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

If memory serves that happened in the chiefs parking lot and Romeo Cranell was head coach. I think he was there when it happened. The suicide I mean.

My point is pats fans shouldn’t really be commenting on personal conduct by players on other teams.
    My understanding is Hernandez dropped way down in the draft until bb picked him in the fourth round

Yep He dropped down because he was a problem with his behavior

• Options

@Darin said:

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

Murder is still murder though when he killed his GF before that.

Point taken but we could go dig up some real current/former scumbags on each and every team. Its not just a Pats thing. I think that's the point that Show was trying to make here.

• Options

Also Belichick had zero clue on how disturbed Aaron Hernandez really was going into that draft. Once it became known how much of a monster the guy really was the team dropped him immediately even though they owed him like 40M.