Home Sports Talk
Options

I'm glad I stopped following the Patriots when they ditched Brady !

tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like they suck again this year.

Comments

• Options

Tua Tagovailoa is 5-0 vs Bill Belichick. It's a good year to be a Dol-Fan.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options

I have not watched a single football game this year.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with them through thick and thin

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 482 ✭✭✭

@RiveraFamilyCollect said:
    Tua Tagovailoa is 5-0 vs Bill Belichick. It's a good year to be a Dol-Fan.

When was the last time they won anything

• Options

@pdoidoi said:
    When was the last time they won anything

Well aside from being 2-0 and currently leading the AFC East; the Dolphins haven't won a first round playoff game since the year 2000.
    It's our year :D I have good feeling about this one.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I was around when they went 1-15 back in 1990 so this doesnt seem quite so awful.

That being said, I really would like to see more out of the offense.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

I turned off the game at half time, but I couldn't turn away. Lol. I followed a long until the end.

If your team is boring but wins...great. if your team is exciting, and promising, but loses...ok. boring and loses? 🤬

I knew we would struggle through the beginning of the year, but what is hard to take is that our roster seems to really have been mismanaged. Our GM is not nearly as good as our coach. And our coach...seems to make poor decisions also. I feel like he leaves points out there too much, goes for it at the wrong times, and lacks aggression too. Why punt from your opponents 40?

• Options

Gee I thought it was the Red Sox that had all the bad management!
    At least my pain for the year is almost over and it's the patriots fans that are feeling it now.
    I can hardly wait for the World Series to be over so we can see if the Sox can find some pitching for next year.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2023 12:16PM

It is like when Jordan retired from the Bulls I just could not for the love of me ever watch them again on a regular basis. I actually gave up on the NBA and never came back. I have never given up on the NHL or NFL and would not even if my teams would suck bad.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without Brady it is just not the same and will most likely never be like that again in our lives. He was the best ever and even if a better player comes along what are the chances he lands on that same team.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

2001-2019 Tom Brady took the patriots to the post season 17 times only failing to make the post season in 2002 and 2008. A lot of patriot fans are still living in the Brady era in their minds.

• Options

Brady was the Patriots to me!
    I just lost my interest in football when he retired and just have no desire to watch it anymore..

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2023 1:52PM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

I turned off the game at half time, but I couldn't turn away. Lol. I followed a long until the end.

If your team is boring but wins...great. if your team is exciting, and promising, but loses...ok. boring and loses? 🤬

I knew we would struggle through the beginning of the year, but what is hard to take is that our roster seems to really have been mismanaged. Our GM is not nearly as good as our coach. And our coach...seems to make poor decisions also. I feel like he leaves points out there too much, goes for it at the wrong times, and lacks aggression too. Why punt from your opponents 40?

Nothing is going to change until Hoodie retires, that's the reality of the situation

• Options

Yesterday was the very first day in my life rooting for the Pats. Historically it's been legit HATE. That was due simply because the Pats admittedly were the AFC Warlords the past two decades and completely annihilated my Bills. Yep, a hate for being the loser. hahhahahahaha . It's the only HATE in my world that I admit I have because of the fact I was the loser. heh

Now.. DOLFANS.. you are on the list.

• Options

AFC East war? AFC East war.
    Where in the past the Dolfans and Buffalo Bills sufferers were united in their hatred of the Patriots; now there is a heated bitter rivalry for supremacy of the AFC East.

• Options

SLAYER: WAR ENSEMBLE !!!!! Is now the motto for BILLS/Dollfans rivalry. heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDJW-cEr3i4

By-Tor (Bills) was victorious.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Correction. The Patriots ditched finding any decent receivers before they ditched Brady. Brady had no choice. He had no one to whom to throw a pass.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?