Home U.S. Coin Forum

Looking For The Owner Of This ANACS Graded 2007-P Washington $ Elongated Ray, MS-66

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to buy the coin, just to compare notes on where he found it and how he identified it.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Comments

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on, I know you're out there.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    Come on, I know you're out there.

Sorry no help here. But hey I bumped it back up for one more try. :)
    Your comment reminded my of Moody Blues.
    I Know You're Out There Somewhere.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjImFYf2Vzc

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

edited September 21, 2023 3:18PM

LoL!! 🤣 Thanks for the bump @lilolme

I think I'm going to need all the help I can get on this one!! I contacted ANACS and hit a brick wall!

I'll bump this thread from time-to-time. Thanks again!

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they found it already slabbed in a dealers case.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

@gumby1234 said:

Maybe. I'll take the current owner or the guy who submitted it. The current owner may have bought it from the original submitter.

BTW: THERE WILL BE A REWARD FOR THE MEMBER WHO PUTS ME IN TOUCH WITH THE OWNER OR SUBMITTER OF THIS COIN.

• Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@gumby1234 said:

Maybe. I'll take the current owner or the guy who submitted it. The current owner may have bought it from the original submitter.

BTW: THERE WILL BE A REWARD FOR THE MEMBER WHO PUTS ME IN TOUCH WITH THE OWNER OR SUBMITTER OF THIS COIN.

I more want to see the PO-01 Washington $1.

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
    edited September 25, 2023 5:42AM

@Ted 1 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@gumby1234 said:

I more want to see the PO-01 Washington $1.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭

You ever find the find the submitter /owner ??

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals

@Ted 1 said:

With the assistance and suggestions of several members here, unfortunately I think I've pretty much exhausted all my avenues of approach. Up to the VP of finance & operations @ ANACS Andrew Franklin and Paul DeFelice, VP of Customer Relations and Marketing. No joy!

THE REWARD IS STILL IN AFFECT FOR ANYONE WITHIN THE SOUND OF MY VOICE WHO CAN PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH THE OWNER, SUBMITTER OR FINDER OF THIS COIN.

• Robot1010Robot1010 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2024 10:29PM

I was unaware of this variety back when I was looking at dollars. I'll be on the lookout when I get back to them

• Slade01Slade01 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@Ted 1 said:

With the assistance and suggestions of several members here, unfortunately I think I've pretty much exhausted all my avenues of approach. Up to the VP of finance & operations @ ANACS Andrew Franklin and Paul DeFelice, VP of Customer Relations and Marketing. No joy!

THE REWARD IS STILL IN AFFECT FOR ANYONE WITHIN THE SOUND OF MY VOICE WHO CAN PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH THE OWNER, SUBMITTER OR FINDER OF THIS COIN.

To save you from having to check, set up a Wantlist item at Heritage and Stacks and a Saved Search at GC, so it doesn't slip past you if auctioned.

Excellent point @Slade01 thank you!

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@Ted 1 said:

I've been looking for this variety ever since you told me about it, and I haven't found one.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it the only one? If it is, then whoever certified it as such should know who the finder was.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • JBKJBK Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you want a TPG divulging your details to anyone? :#

I fully understand the OP's interest in this, but what kind of precedent would it set?

The best bet is to continue to get the word out and maybe the original owner will reveal themselves. If OP can interest the numismatic media in doing articles on the variety and his search, that might widen the coverage. For example, I know that the Esylum is happy to include such interesting stories in their weekly emails.

edited May 29, 2024 3:06PM

@jesbroken said:
    Is it the only one? If it is, then whoever certified it as such should know who the finder was.
    Jim

No, a couple of very prominent members here have one. ANACS certified it. That doesn't mean they know who the finder was. If they know who the submitter was, they're not saying.

@JBK said:
    Would you want a TPG divulging your details to anyone? :#

I fully understand the OP's interest in this, but what kind of precedent would it set?

The best bet is to continue to get the word out and maybe the original owner will reveal themselves. If OP can interest the numismatic media in doing articles on the variety and his search, that might widen the coverage. For example, I know that the Esylum is happy to include such interesting stories in their weekly emails.

If it's just for the submitter of that coin, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Yes, any and all numismatic media ie; magazines, coin forums, newsletters, etc..

Now you have me thinking if there's a nationwide coin club network out there I can contact. Maybe even the ANA.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I tried to contact my wife's father whom neither had seen each other for 20 years, he was in the military and they would not give any contact information for him, but they were nice enough to contact him with our contact information and within a week my wife spoke with her father for the 1st time in ages. Perhaps ANACS would do the same, contact the owner and give him your address. Just a thought. Good luck.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

@jesbroken said:
    When I tried to contact my wife's father whom neither had seen each other for 20 years, he was in the military and they would not give any contact information for him, but they were nice enough to contact him with our contact information and within a week my wife spoke with her father for the 1st time in ages. Perhaps ANACS would do the same, contact the owner and give him your address. Just a thought. Good luck.
    Jim

I did that over a year ago. I was willing to give ANACS my contact information and have them pass it to the submitter. They said their record keeping databases wouldn't allow them to do that.

That's a really odd story about your father-in-law and the military.

• Married2CoinsMarried2Coins Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

Good Luck. I hope you find it. However, I believe that you'll see that coin one day. I will show up in the finest and ONLY complete Registry Set of those coins. :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file