Wilson better completion percentage
Wilson better lifetime QB rating
Brady better longevity and postseason success

Forum members on ignore
Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
daltex

Tom Brady or Russell Wilson

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

nope. lets not. one of these things is not like the other.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• 4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Stop it 😂😂😂

I actually posted this because what I’m learning on this board is that some will go with Wilson based on how they view greatness.

Watch. Now no one will pick him. 😂

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Delete this! 😂

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

@4for4 said:

@perkdog said:
    Stop it 😂😂😂

I actually posted this because what I’m learning on this board is that some will go with Wilson based on how they view greatness.

Watch. Now no one will pick him. 😂

Even the Patriot blind haters are still knowledgeable football fans but ya never know lol

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russell Wilson

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

@galaxy27 said:

I knew it!!!

😂😂😂😂

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@galaxy27 please be prepared to defend your answer as soon as possible...in a long form essay.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like these April Fool's threads.

But I thought it was September? 😆

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

Brady simply the best ever (until someone does better).

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

@galaxy27 said:

this is not helping my blood pressure

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

@perkdog said:
    Stop it 😂😂😂

Agree.

1)Football stats to measure individuals have their limitations, unlike baseball hitting.

2) The old Quarterback rating stat is one measurement, but that does not mean it is accurate in of itself. There have been better ones developed.

QBR has been kept since 2006 and here is how they each stack up in their best 12 season's(Wilson only has played 11 full)
    Brady.....Wilson
    68.4.....38.7(last year for Wilson with Denver. Ouch).
    68.1....This year for Wilson not yet complete
    ETC..

It isn't really that close. Brady has SEVEN seasons better than Wilson's best season. Wilson was bad last year in a new environment.

Then there is Approximate Value which encompasses all their contributions and weighted to the league average etc...

Brady career of 326
    Wilson career of 167

Their best eleven years
    Brady......Wilson
    15.....This year for Wilson

Rate+ is the same result as well. Not going to list them all.

So statistically, Wilson is NOT the equal of Brady.

3)Winning. Yes it matters. A quarterback can throw up a lot of stats in games where they are losing because the opposing defense is in a soft prevent defense. Chicago Bears QB's have been good at that the last several years.

It also matters in that if your offense is scoring a lot of points and the QB is the offense's primary weapon(and not the running game) then that is also good evidence for the QB that his stats have more validity.

Brady has executed the offense as the primary focal point of the offense for several different sets of teammates and has excelled with all of them.

Wilson still has to do more. He didn't do to well in a new environment last year.

Winning all the time can also stop the QB from racking up stats when they go into run out the clock mode.

3) The elements. Brady's home stadium is an open air stadium with wind. It is also a cold weather stadium. His division also has similar environments(except MIA). So Brady had to contend with that factor that other QB's in more passer friendly environments do not have to.

Is there a number to account for that? No. THere are several factors that can hide those numbers and not show its effect in the league splits. This factor is purely common sense. If one does not believe it, then I suggest they go into a gym and throw some 40 yd passes to a receiver vs a defender...and then do the same into the teeth of a 20 MPH wind outside. No further explanation needed on that.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

Are you kidding me?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭

Brady
    I have not seen Russel Wilson play very many games. I have seen many times Brady won many games and pulled out some 4th quarter magic. Super Bowl 51, 28 -3 is one I think will be remembered for a very very long time.