Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Grades Posted! Results under Spoiler Dropdowns!

Below are the results for my recent sub! To see the grade results just use the tab drop downs on each coin and I've written my guess and my thoughts on each as well. Cheers!

MS65 This coin graded as expected. I actually just cracked it from an NGC MS65 so not too much surprise here with the result

MS63 This example graded a bit lower than my initial MS64 guess. It's fine no love lost.

MS62 graded as expected. Loads of planchet issues here. Some clear lamination issues. Funky toning. Interesting coin. It will be a cool placeholder in my set for the time being.

MS62 I actually thought this was a 63 but again no love lost really. 62/63 is not a delineation I am terribly concerned with in this series.

MS64 Graded as expected at MS64. This example is actually a somewhat scarce variety. Unfortunately PCGS kind of flubbed it. Gave it the wrong variety and charged me for the service :'( Top pop for what it's worth haha

UNC Details Cleaned. This one is not surprising. I was hoping for a 63 but it really just was a bit too handled. there was an old wipe on the coin which I should've been more considerate of. Something to note going forward.

MS64 Graded as expected and very pleased to have it for my collection. Lovely toning and a very difficult date to find in good nic

MS64 graded as expected. I actually guessed 64+ which is a bit of a waste to mess with my stats like that but it was a really nice looking 64. Slightly dull luster.

MS65 Graded spot on what I thought it would. Unremarkable coin other than being a date I was missing in GEM.

MS63 I thought it had a chance at 64 but don't remember the scratch on the portrait. It is what it is. Was a bust when I purchased it and I threw it on the sub just because.

MS66 Quite possibly my favorite result on the sub. I guessed MS65 on this and the following 3. This series is horrifically difficult to find in gem much less in 66! I subbed 4 of these out of some lots I posted about previously on the forum. You can find that here: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1090210/some-time-capsules-from-1945-1946-christmas-bonus#latest

MS65 Graded as expected! Lovely coin.

MS66 exceeded expectations but it absolutely deserved it. Outstanding coin for the series.

MS65 Graded as expected! Lovely coin.

MS66 Graded as expected. I bought an old UNC roll of shillings and pulled the nicest one to grade.

MS64 this graded a point higher than expected. Larger coin my friend had me submit for him. I'm not as familiar with the grading standards for the series but it was very nice.

MS64RB I thought this was a 65 but I am really out of my depth here. These were kind of bought and subbed on a whim.

MS66RD Graded as expected.

MS64 I thought it was a 65. Clearly not from the trueviews but hey can't blame me for wishing haha.

MS64 I thought it was a 65 see comment from above.

MS65 didn't quite make it before I disassembled my set but darn what a nice coin.

That's it guys! Hope y'all enjoyed it and if anyone likes particular posts please let me know. I try and change it up and love engaging with the collectors here. Some posts kind of fall flat but that's okay I'm just trying to provide some material similar to what I would enjoy reading.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool submission- these are my pre-spoiler show thoughts- I like the you set this up. So my thoughts as to the grades:

1899-65; 1912-64; 1920-64; 1920-64; 1921-65+; 1922- 65; 1924- 66+- that one is the best of the lot of the George V Shillings; 1927- 64+; 1935- 64; 1936- 64 1945-66; 1945-66; 1946- 66; 1946 -65+; 1966-66; 1887- 64;

India - 1880- 65 RB; 1928-65; 1939-63

Ireland- 1964- 66+

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

didn't fare as well as I should have- I liked the true views. I sort wonder what the first 1920 looks like it hand as I suspected the color might be more vibrant in hand. I never see really nice George VI shillings- the ones pictured deserve the grades received. Well done-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• ClioClio Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinkat said:
    didn't fare as well as I should have- I liked the true views. I sort wonder what the first 1920 looks like it hand as I suspected the color might be more vibrant in hand. I never see really nice George VI shillings- the ones pictured deserve the grades received. Well done-

Indeed! It's a skill grading on trueviews. Hard to beat grading them in hand. thanks!

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins and presentation!

My current "Box of 20"

@Bob13 said:
    Great coins and presentation!

thanks! I figured it would be a good way for people to make a mental note of what they think the grades are vs what they actually are.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Slick! How do you do the dropdowns

edited September 11, 2023 3:43PM

@Boosibri said:
    Slick! How do you do the dropdowns

It's the spoiler on the drop down.