Home Sports Talk

The Tampa Bay Rays are fast going down the tubes this year

tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

Losing their shortstop was the final ending to their season and could cause them to miss the playoffs .
What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm happy to see them plummet, they were on a rampage the first half of the season but the cure for pennant fever is actually playing g the full schedule.

The Sox are out of it so all I care about is watching the Yankees fail miserably.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

Playing a full schedule with ALL YOUR BEST PLAYERS is very important at this time of year. I have seen the Red Sox lose because of this in the past but still hold out for them as they are now at full strength, I also love where the Yankees are heading this season.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a good time to have money invested in a certain Dominican shortstop's cards.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

No, he has cost Tampa the World Series this year.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the allegations are true, what an absolute idiot. holy cow. If true, the man needs to be locked up. I heard there is a second girl making allegations. this one an 8th grader.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@craig44 said:
    If the allegations are true, what an absolute idiot. holy cow. If true, the man needs to be locked up. I heard there is a second girl making allegations. this one an 8th grader.

Absolutely

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

The second one I saw was 17 which she knew what she was doing. If the 14 year old is true his career is likely over. There was an Oregon State pitcher a couple years ago that would have been a first round pick and likely a high first rounder that went undrafted for molesting his young cousin. He was playing in the Mexican leagues last I know of since even Japan said no. Oregon State let him play though so I dont feel bad about them being left out of conference realignment

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I'm happy to see them plummet, they were on a rampage the first half of the season but the cure for pennant fever is actually playing g the full schedule.

The Sox are out of it so all I care about is watching the Yankees fail miserably.

Why hate the Tampa team? They get more out of a tiny payroll than anyone else in baseball. The Rays will probably be moving out of Tampa in three to four years. Their attendance sucks, and they soon won’t have a stadium.

The Yankees and the Mets have to worst teams big money can buy. I was shocked when I heard that the Mets’ payroll is higher than the Yankees. Both of them could finish in the cellar of their divisions. Both teams give new meaning to the term “goldbrick.”

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

Why hate the Tampa team? They get more out of a tiny payroll than anyone else in baseball. The Rays will probably be moving out of Tampa in three to four years. Their attendance sucks, and they soon won’t have a stadium.

The Yankees and the Mets have to worst teams big money can buy. I was shocked when I heard that the Mets’ payroll is higher than the Yankees. Both of them could finish in the cellar of their divisions. Both teams give new meaning to the term “goldbrick.”

I don't hate them

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2023 12:33PM

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

I think the orioles payroll is pretty small considering
    Rays $73 M
    Orioles $60 M

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

I think the orioles payroll is pretty small considering
    Rays $73 M
    Orioles $60 M

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.