Options
Wood Putty
ctf_error_coins
Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
Would you call a die fill error on a wood grain error "Wood Putty"?


4
Comments
Sure, why not? Great pictures! 👍🏻
Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )
I have not heard that term used, however, it does relate. So, possibly.... Cheers, RickO
I just made it up. Fun naming coins. I have named too many to count
I would call it poor quality control.
My Collection of Old Holders
Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
I would call it a weak strike.
Ditto that.
The clarity of your photos is impressive
The wood grain effect that is indicative of an improper alloy mix is intriguing. IMO
BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken oih82w8, DCW
“Putty” has an alternative connotation in this hobby, and it’s not positive. I would generally avoid that word.
I'm more concerned about Honest Abe's wax problem.
two examples of poor production quality in one coin
Collector, occasional seller