Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

An Incredible New Coin Site Compliments of Ian Russell !

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone is interested, I added a group for US Gold Dollars.

• Options
    horseyridehorseyride Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Remember that EVERYTHING seems to be set default to be public -- enter a birthday? Public. etc. Make sure to modify those options as needed!

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2023 5:52PM

FYI…. Posted on PCGS site…

If anyone is interested, I added a group for Platinum & Palladium US Eagle coins as well as U.S. Pattern Nickels (clearly 2 ends of the Spectrum)!

Wondercoin

Edited to add - my son Justin just joined as well under “Justin@MonsterCM”. If you’ve done (problem-free) biz with him on eBay over the past 7 years (as everyone has), give him a “like” under his company page “MonsterCoinMart” please.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody needs to make an error coin group. Not me, I am fumbling around trying to figure stuff out still.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    I started playing with it tonight. Looks like it's going to be fun. Imported by entire inventory by copying and pasting the cert number column from the PCGS registry exported CSV file. Took a while for them all to be active (600+ coins), but it was easy. I'll add the few NGC coins I have manually. I'd like to be able to import other columns (cost, comment, source, etc.). Importing all of my pictures will take a while. Now to take a look at the groups...

How did you make the copy work? I tried this and it wants to highlight all the columns, not just the cert

• Options
    MarkerBMarkerB Posts: 14 ✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@messydesk said:
    Imported by entire inventory by copying and pasting the cert number column from the PCGS registry exported CSV file.

How did you make the copy work? I tried this and it wants to highlight all the columns, not just the cert

If you've exported a CSV file like @messydesk did, you'll first want to import that file into a spreadsheet. Excel or Google Sheets should both work equally well. Once in a spreadsheet's grid layout, you can easily select and copy just the certificate column, and then paste it into MyCollect.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarkerB said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@messydesk said:
    Imported by entire inventory by copying and pasting the cert number column from the PCGS registry exported CSV file.

If you've exported a CSV file like @messydesk did, you'll first want to import that file into a spreadsheet. Excel or Google Sheets should both work equally well. Once in a spreadsheet's grid layout, you can easily select and copy just the certificate column, and then paste it into MyCollect.

Why doesn't this work for the NGC certs?

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Will it be free of VB content?

Oooo....I should start a thread

• Options

[Regarding copying and pasting certificate numbers]

@coinbuf said:

Where are you getting your bulk NGC cert# export from?

• Options

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

My Lincoln Registry

• Options

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

Oh, I see! You've rolled your own sheet. Maybe the feature wasn't provided at first because there are no ways of exporting NGC cert numbers from any online service.

I will ask about it.

Keep in mind NGC requires both the cert and the grade to perform a lookup, which gets a little more complicated for a simple copy and paste operation.

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very promising site. I joined and started a Group for Spanish Colonial Cobs which are a side thing of mine. I'll use it to track my collection and network with other's interested in this relatively small niche.

https://www.mycollect.com/groups/Cobs

• Options

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

Oh, I see! You've rolled your own sheet. Maybe the feature wasn't provided at first because there are no ways of exporting NGC cert numbers from any online service.

I will ask about it.

Keep in mind NGC requires both the cert and the grade to perform a lookup, which gets a little more complicated for a simple copy and paste operation.

And that could very well be the problem, which is why I asked.

My Lincoln Registry

• Options
    VTchaserVTchaser Posts: 295 ✭✭✭

i don't have facebook, but reminds me of facebook

Successful transactions with: robkool, Walkerguy21D, JimW, Bruce7789, massscrew, Jinx86, jonasdenenbergllc, Yorkshireman, bobsr, tommyrusty7, markelman1125, Kliao, DBSTrader2, SurfinxHI, ChrisH821, CoinHoarder, Bolo, MICHAELDIXON, bigtime36, JWP, 1960NYGiants

• Options

There's a US error coin group now. Thanks to whoever started it.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    edited July 14, 2023 2:30PM

@VTchaser said:
    i don't have facebook, but reminds me of facebook

It is very much like FB or IG, I can find my way around but I am not a fan of that format, very clunky to me. But again I don't use sites like FB or IG and for those who do this is likely a very welcome format.

My Lincoln Registry

• Options

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

I will ask about it.

It turns out there is a bulk import for NGC. It's just not enabled by default, because of the complexities of accepting both the cert # and the grade en masse.

• Visit this page: https://www.mycollect.com/inventory/new
    • Click on the "NGC" tab.
    • Click the "Bulk Add" checkbox.
    • Copy and paste certs/grades with a space between the cert number and the grade, and a new line for each coin.

Will that work for you?

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

I will ask about it.

Did you save and export your NGC coins into a .csv file

• Options

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

I will ask about it.

It turns out there is a bulk import for NGC. It's just not enabled by default, because of the complexities of accepting both the cert # and the grade en masse.

• Copy and paste certs/grades with a space between the cert number and the grade, and a new line for each coin.

Will that work for you?

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try this later tonight when I have time and let you know.

@robec said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

I will ask about it.

If you are in the old NGC registry system you can run inventory reports and have them exported to PDF or excel.

My Lincoln Registry

• Options
    edited July 14, 2023 3:08PM

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

I will ask about it.

Will that work for you?

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try this later tonight when I have time and let you know.

@robec said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

I will ask about it.

If you are in the old NGC registry system you can run inventory reports and have them exported to PDF or excel.

I was thinking since you already had them in an excel spreadsheet you could run a report on the NGC coins you want to import and either export or save a report in the .csv format.

• Options
    lcutlerlcutler Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭

No colonial section.

• Options

@coinbuf said:

@robec said:
    I was thinking since you already had them in an excel spreadsheet you could run a report on the NGC coins you want to import and either export or save a report in the .csv format.

Just don't try to use CSV directly for bulk NGC imports. MyCollect only imports NGC with a copy-and-paste, and this cannot include anything but the cert # and grade. It should be pretty simple from a spreadsheet, but if you try to paste a whole CSV file with field headings and other columns, it will not work.

• Options

@lcutler said:
    No colonial section.

You can make a Colonial group.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:

@lcutler said:
    No colonial section.

You can make a Colonial group.

Might be talking about registry? The registry has a ton of sets and I think Ian has said they expect to get it to thousands more as soon as they can build it out.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options

@robec said:

It has been a couple of years since I last ran an inventory report on the NGC registry, I don't think it has the option for a .csv format, only PDF or excel.

My Lincoln Registry

• Options

@coinbuf said:

@robec said:

It has been a couple of years since I last ran an inventory report on the NGC registry, I don't think it has the option for a .csv format, only PDF or excel.

Using the Save As command you can save it as a pdf file or csv file, but from what @MarkerB just said it doesn’t sound like this would work with NGC certs.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Running into some confusion here:
    So when you "post" in a group, are you writing an article or are you just #hashtagging a photo or status?
    Would be cool to have a "how to" instructional thread about posting to mycollect. If there is one, someone please point me in the right direction?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:
    Running into some confusion here:
    So when you "post" in a group, are you writing an article or are you just #hashtagging a photo or status?
    Would be cool to have a "how to" instructional thread about posting to mycollect. If there is one, someone please point me in the right direction?

It is just a simple post to a group where group members can interact with the post by liking, commenting etc. You can post a photo by itself or write something as well. You can include hashtags if you like so the content can be searchable or for it to trend on the site.

Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarkerB said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@messydesk said:

Yes, this is what I did. Download the CSV, open in Excel, highlight the cells with the cert numbers by simply selecting the column, copy, go to the MyCollect add inventory screen and paste into the box. Worked like a champ.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did try this for a couple of days, but there remain issues. These are wrong descriptions (and right photos) and a moderate level of adds being held for verify. I have less than 400 slabbed coins and will keep with the NGC and PCGS sites.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @keyman64 and see you "over there"

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    Is there a way to do that on an iPhone? I don’t have a computer

I exported a .csv file from my Inventory on the PCGS Registry page and imported to MyCollect using my iPad. I’m sure the iPhone is similar.

• Options

@messydesk said:

@MarkerB said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@messydesk said:

Yes, this is what I did. Download the CSV, open in Excel, highlight the cells with the cert numbers by simply selecting the column, copy, go to the MyCollect add inventory screen and paste into the box. Worked like a champ.

Thanks for clarifying. This is exactly the way to do it.

• Options

@robec said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    Is there a way to do that on an iPhone? I don’t have a computer

I exported a .csv file from my Inventory on the PCGS Registry page and imported to MyCollect using my iPad. I’m sure the iPhone is similar.

I copied from the Google Sheet sheet app on an iPhone, and then pasted into MyCollect's NGC Bulk Add. It worked.

• Options

@erscolo said:
    I did try this for a couple of days, but there remain issues. These are wrong descriptions (and right photos) and a moderate level of adds being held for verify. I have less than 400 slabbed coins and will keep with the NGC and PCGS sites.

I'm sorry you were having troubles.

Your profile is completely private, so I cannot get examples of the problem coins. Could you message me the certs/grades from a few of the coins that were being misidentified, so I can figure out what's happening?

Thanks.

• Options

@robec said:

@coinbuf said:

@robec said:

Using the Save As command you can save it as a pdf file or csv file, but from what @MarkerB just said it doesn’t sound like this would work with NGC certs.

The CSV file will work if you import it into a spreadsheet app first, and then copy and paste just the columns containing NGC certs and grades. If you directly paste a PDF, or a whole CSV file, you'll likely just get a bunch of unformatted text.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2023 9:09PM

@MarkerB I would like to change my inventory privacy settings but I can't seem to find that anywhere. Do you have any insight? Thank you!

EDIT: Found it but it looks like I have to go do one at a time? Is there any easier way?

• Options
    EliteCollectionEliteCollection Posts: 150 ✭✭✭✭

There's no bulk change privacy yet. Workaround is bulk delete and re-add the coins with the new privacy. They are working on bulk change of privacy, but I don't know how long that will take.

• Options

Ian has said variety registry sets will be launched next week...so they are clearly working on a lot of things.

• Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

@MarkerB said:

@coinbuf said:

My excel spreadsheet.

I will ask about it.

Will that work for you?

For example - once you select "Bulk Add" for NGC, you can enter:

1234567-020 70
    1252059-017 69
    1298512-001 68
    1424020-005 70
    etc.

(where 70, 69, 68, 70 is the grade)

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options

@erscolo said:
    Time for me to stop adding coins, they all come back as requiring further verification after about 50 entries.

We made a massive update for U.S. varieties and label types on Thursday night, so those all populated. We currently have less than 200 coins in pending, that I hope to be through our verification process by tomorrow or Monday. In fact, 100 of them belong to one person, and are slightly more complicated than the average coin. :D

So far, 97% of the coins added get verified within seconds. The remaining coins we need to do some manual checking - our goal is to eventually complete these in 24 hours - a few more complicated might take longer at the moment, just because we're growing very quickly.

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

The site has great potential, I hope it really takes off. I’m hoping the registry ends up having Circulated Type sets, if so I’ll be adding my sets. I went ahead and created a Vintage Coin Album & Boards group, waiting to see if others besides me are interested enough in those to join.

Mr_Spud

• Options

@Mr_Spud said:
    The site has great potential, I hope it really takes off. I’m hoping the registry ends up having Circulated Type sets, if so I’ll be adding my sets. I went ahead and created a Vintage Coin Album & Boards group, waiting to see if others besides me are interested enough in those to join.

Definitely Circulated Type Sets. @blu62vette, right?

• Ian
    Ian Russell
  • Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2023 4:35PM

I signed up (hypnogold). I like the idea of a dedicated site for coins. Although I will miss all the cats on instagram. B)

1 thing I'm looking for is an IOS app. I don't use a desktop browser, just my phone. I expect there are many like me.

The interface reminds me very much of facebook. For me, it's a little too much. I hope as the site matures over time you'll consider streamlining. I don't see a need to add my employer or education, I don't love that our already tight knit community will now be split into infinite groups, etc. This may be a design choice that is too late to change but I hope that any simplification will be considered.

I will be getting used to the site and using it for my registry sets. Hope all my connections here will look me up!

• Options

@Pedzola said:
    I signed up (hypnogold). I like the idea of a dedicated site for coins. Although I will miss all the cats on instagram. B)

1 thing I'm looking for is an IOS app. I don't use a desktop browser, just my phone. I expect there are many like me.

The interface reminds me very much of facebook. For me, it's a little too much. I hope as the site matures over time you'll consider streamlining. I don't see a need to add my employer or education, I don't love that our already tight knit community will now be split into infinite groups, etc. This may be a design choice that is too late to change but I hope that any simplification will be considered.

I will be getting used to the site and using it for my registry sets. Hope all my connections here will look me up!

iOS app coming soon (same with Android).

The # of groups is higher than what we expected, however, this is a brand new community - and over the next few months - the key groups will become more obvious.

The different options for member information, that is optional. And you can control who sees it in preferences.

• Ian
    Ian Russell
  • Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Signed up when it was originally announced. Will be useful to me depending on how die variety declarations are integrated. I live in that space. It is not for everyone, but simple date, mintmark, and grade are useless to me. Have not had time to explore it much yet, but did try to register a coin and that was an issue for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file