Home U.S. Coin Forum

One of the most exciting numismatic events of my lifetime! Grades in Last Post.

2»

Comments

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Great find! Could be top pop!! Good luck on the grade!

• maymay Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steve76020 said:
    i have question thats going to sound really dumb but without the s wouldnt it just be a proof coin minted in philedelphia??

They didn’t make proof coins in Philly that year.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. -formerly Ownerofawheatiehorde. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON, Gerard

• ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2023 12:00PM

And my grades are in...I decided to let PCGS crack out the coins instead of doing it myself so have the whole sets graded. I'll take the 69's as that was what I expected based on the current pop numbers.

K

ANA LM
  • toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! It's so neat when you cherrypick yourself, especially after that period of time. It was a blessing they didn't sell on the BST. Someone else would have cherrypicked you.

• RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrads on the find, the score, the grades and the fact that it is a gorgeous specimen.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations 🎊
    You found what ALL of us guys been hunting for since 1983!
    I'll even give ya my "Happy Dance".

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats!

• mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElKevvo said:
    Well they off off to our hosts for grading, I'll post the grades when they are ready.

K

Nice find... In the meantime take a quick run out and grab a Powerball ticket. Today's your day

Mark

• 1madman1madman Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why didn’t you just have pcgs grade the dimes? You can make the request on the submission form to just grade the 2 coins, and return the others raw. Seems like a pile of wasted money on fees for coins worth face value. What happened to the cent that graded 64?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file