Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What happened to Ron Burgundy from these boards?

Was going through old messages and years ago he was quite active with a lot of nice cards.

«1

Comments

  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2023 7:16AM

    @2dueces said:
    Quite a few old time posters missing. People move on, get passionate about other things. Sometimes life gets in the way. I can tell you this, the board was the wild, Wild West 15 years ago. I actually kinda miss the drama

    Yeah, I was a part of it, no doubt. Still here which is probably a miracle. Zardoz would drive me nuts when I would get a good one going and totally change the subject in the middle of the thread. I would bombard him with my best shots but he would ignore me......LOL :D

    chaz

  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2023 8:54AM

    @Frozencaribou said:
    What I miss most from those times were the Christmas gift exchanges and the willingness of board member to buy and sell significant items to one another. Some of my best cards have come from board members.

    The craziness was real, too...

    That was cool. We did more group rips, etc.

    Maybe he was bamned.

    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

    Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

    He was the first person that explained what "poppage" was when I joined!

  • Options
    dtmodeldtmodel Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

    Zardoz and PSASatan. Those were the days...

  • Options
    RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 390 ✭✭✭

    Where's Rube ? Greatest post linguist ever !

  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Ridethelightning said:
    Where's Rube ? Greatest post linguist ever !

    Rube was certainly a cunning linguist.

    Daniel
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

    Storm888 was the "go to" guy regarding disputes.

  • Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2023 2:47PM

    I joined around 2005 and one of the first posts I read was Stone's. I knew then this was a good place. Nothing is perfect tough.

    Mike, hope to meet you and others at a Nat'l one if these years.

    Steve

  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @dtmodel said:
    Zardoz and PSASatan. Those were the days...

    Paul aka Zardoz was a mod in the early days I believe. Really good guy with interesting posts.

    PSAtan aka Scumbi was a genius! Some of his threads were like reading short novels. Unfortunately removed - his Case of the Goudeys was legendary. I had heard that he was a sitcom writer?

    Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @balco758 said:
    I joined around 2005 and one of the first posts I read was Stone's. I knew then this was a good place. Nothing is perfect tough.

    Mike, hope to meet you and others at a Nat'l one if these years.

    Steve

    Thanx Steve.

    Mike
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Cakes said:

    @Frozencaribou said:
    What I miss most from those times were the Christmas gift exchanges and the willingness of board member to buy and sell significant items to one another. Some of my best cards have come from board members.

    The craziness was real, too...

    That was cool. We did more group rips, etc.

    Maybe he was bamned.

    Those were the days. This board taught me about unopened and I am forever grateful since it really opened up my hobby experience.

    Also the graded cards sold on the forum were top notch. I think at one point we had major dealers buying from the board. I did a deal for a bunch of PSA 10 basketball rookies with a guy named Brian Gray and saw the cards in a leaf repack product.

    Mike
  • Options
    RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 390 ✭✭✭

    LsuTigers and his girlfriend LawnMowerMan, and then their both simultaneous girlfriend LawnMowerManswife. 👍

  • Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

    I joined in the summer of 2009. My Dad was sick and I was spending a lot of time with him, either at his home or in the hospital. Wound up finding a lot of sports card message boards when he would sleep.

    The first and best poster I remember on here was Felicia; I think “her” user name was ilovcards or something like that? I think it was eventually revealed Felicia was a guy, and the cards or money used to buy them, were stolen.

    Although not a wrestling guy, I was a huge fan in the 80s. So I always loved DPeck’s posts. He is still super active on twitter and instagram. He’s a good follow.

  • Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

    @Cooptown said:
    I joined in the summer of 2009. My Dad was sick and I was spending a lot of time with him, either at his home or in the hospital. Wound up finding a lot of sports card message boards when he would sleep.

    The first and best poster I remember on here was Felicia; I think “her” user name was ilovcards or something like that? I think it was eventually revealed Felicia was a guy, and the cards or money used to buy them, were stolen.

    Although not a wrestling guy, I was a huge fan in the 80s. So I always loved DPeck’s posts. He is still super active on twitter and instagram. He’s a good follow.

    Also, TheNavarro was always great too. He is pretty active selling on facebook still.

  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Stone is the historical/archival guru on the board who knows how the sausage is made. Need a list of top 5 posters and posts from his noodle to share with everyone. 😉

  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What happened to Ron Burgundy from these boards?

    I bet he drank to much Scotch and forgot his password. 😎

  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2023 8:31PM

    @VitoCo1972 said:
    PSA 6
    -Chaz

    It's always been since 2003 when I first graced this board:

    PSA 6
    chaz

    And we all know when you already pre-determined that your precious cards you pre-graded at were minimum 8's, 9's and once in awhile 10's only to get that crappiest of feelings with the vaunted........

    PSA 6 :'(

    ...... and you immediately say to yourself.......bulls.....t !!!!! where the hell did that " 6 " come from???????????????????? I pre-graded that card at a fricken " 9 " at least !!!!!!!

    ....and then you get the loupe out and you look more closely at the card and you discover.....oh no......... , now I see it (very slight ding or notch on the edge....or a bigger ding on the back corner or a small wax stain or stain that you didn't really check closely enough before ......etc......)

    chaz

  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

    @chaz43 said:

    @VitoCo1972 said:
    PSA 6
    -Chaz

    It's always been since 2003 when I first graced this board:

    PSA 6
    chaz

    And we all know when you already pre-determined that your precious cards you pre-graded at were minimum 8's, 9's and once in awhile 10's only to get that crappiest of feelings with the vaunted........

    PSA 6 :'(

    ...... and you immediately say to yourself.......bulls.....t where the hell did that come from???????????????????? I pre-graded that card at a fricken 9 !!!!!!!

    ....and then you get the loupe out and you look more closely at the card and you discover.....oh, now I see it (very slight ding on the edge....or a bigger ding on the back corner that you didn't really check closely enough before ......etc......)

    chaz

    HAAA!! Hope you've been well! And to another poster's comment. Storm is/was brilliant on many topics.

  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2023 8:23PM

    @jayhawke said:
    Pandrews was a funny guy.

    Pandrews was INSANE.....I LMAO many, many times at his replies. What he said always had some sort of "twist" in it but also very perceptive and thought provoking as well. He was great.

    chaz

  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Cooptown said:
    I joined in the summer of 2009. My Dad was sick and I was spending a lot of time with him, either at his home or in the hospital. Wound up finding a lot of sports card message boards when he would sleep.

    The first and best poster I remember on here was Felicia; I think “her” user name was ilovcards or something like that? I think it was eventually revealed Felicia was a guy, and the cards or money used to buy them, were stolen.

    Although not a wrestling guy, I was a huge fan in the 80s. So I always loved DPeck’s posts. He is still super active on twitter and instagram. He’s a good follow.

    Felicia Lindemann aka IJustLoveCards was from El Paso and married to Scott L who in the early days of CU went by Bearsnum34 - I used to converse with him all the time. In fact, he sent me a 52T Dean "Stone" card.

    He referenced his wife wanted to get into cards - starting with the Heritage set.

    Not sure if Felicia ever existed as spoken here?

    I think Scott was convicted of fraud of some kind and then he/she started liquidating their extensive assets - they had quite a collection for those who were here can attest. The purchasing may have been a form of money laundering?

    Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @chaz43 said:

    @jayhawke said:
    Pandrews was a funny guy.

    Pandrews was INSANE.....I LMAO many, many times at his replies. What he said always had some sort of "twist" in it but also very perceptive and thought provoking as well. He was great.

    chaz

    I was big on Perry - when he left - for me a small hole in CU was created. I referred to him as the "enforcer." We used to say if there was someone that needed to be "taken out?" Pandrews was your man!

    Perry sent me a cool 1930s soccer set from China that I still really enjoy today.

    Mike
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ^^^^
    Ha. That's exactly the reason I work so hard to make sure I don't have any ex-wives. Cheaper that way.

  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BBBrkrr said:
    ^^^^
    Ha. That's exactly the reason I work so hard to make sure I don't have any ex-wives. Cheaper that way.

    I have a really rare Rod Carew. Is that what you collect?

    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

    Mike (stone) and mike (Vito), very glad both of you guys are still around. It’s been a pleasure talking with you over the years.

    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

    He is alive and good. I see him at the Dallas shows every two months

    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @olb31 said:

    @BBBrkrr said:
    ^^^^
    Ha. That's exactly the reason I work so hard to make sure I don't have any ex-wives. Cheaper that way.

    I have a really rare Rod Carew. Is that what you collect?

    I have 5 or 6 that I tend to prefer buying, and RC is one. I'm not a super-collector of any though.

    What do you have? You can PM me.

  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

    1969 opc deckle

    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Ahmanfan said:
    Mike (stone) and mike (Vito), very glad both of you guys are still around. It’s been a pleasure talking with you over the years.

    Thanx John.

    Good to see you too buddy.

    Mike
  • Options

    I was here in the early days of the forums and it was like the wild west. Lot's of fights and bickering, fraud, etc.. It was also a good time to be here, especially around 1999-2004'ish. Lot's of people working on sets and every Sunday would be an eBay auction shootout with the victors posting their new prizes every week. I joined a private board in 2008 and stopped posting here altogether. I left that group in 2018 haven't been a big poster anywhere since; and just recently thought I'd check this forum out again. Things have definitely changed and lots of the old guard seem to be long gone. Several ID's brought up in this thread I haven't even thought of in 10-15 years.

  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2023 7:28AM

    @pab1969 said:
    I miss the posts and replies of Cdsnuts. Hands down he was the funniest member on the board.

    Agreed.

    Was he not one of the primary participants in the legendary 1968 Nolan Ryan Milton Bradley thread?

    Edit: He was a participant, as there were many. May be my favorite thread. It was also very informative. It was kind of like the Swedish "pump" scene when Austin Powers is brought out of cryo - but in reverse.

    For those that are interested, use the discussion search for "Milton Bradley Nolan Ryan". It is the "Help! Trolls..." thread.

    Or search for "jackleg".

  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Cooptown said:
    I joined in the summer of 2009. My Dad was sick and I was spending a lot of time with him, either at his home or in the hospital. Wound up finding a lot of sports card message boards when he would sleep.

    The first and best poster I remember on here was Felicia; I think “her” user name was ilovcards or something like that? I think it was eventually revealed Felicia was a guy, and the cards or money used to buy them, were stolen.

    Although not a wrestling guy, I was a huge fan in the 80s. So I always loved DPeck’s posts. He is still super active on twitter and instagram. He’s a good follow.

    Dpeck still post occasionally. Him and wrestlingcardking have a ton of high end stuff.

    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

    Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

    I've been on here since 2007 and definitely miss those early days as it is just not the same anymore. Met some great people on here and actually traded a complete graded baseball set for another complete graded set and bought and sold a lot of cards. I don't know if I would have the kahonies to trade like that in this day and age.

  • Options
    wrightywrighty Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭

    Starting this thread I didn’t expect all the reminiscences and old time names. December will make 20 years for me on the boards and have seen a lot of good people and characters come and go

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You guys are bringing up some old school names,

    Lots of great posters are long gone unfortunately, I stopped collecting cards a few years ago but still do the sports talk and check in to this neighborhood every now and then.

  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

    Remember Maurice. He did little time here as he did not play nice with others but super knowledgeable. I was not a fan of his by any means just because he was always so aggressive and argumentative with about 90% of his comments. Many here (including myself) thought that was a "throw-a-way" account by an already existing member but it was also never proven.

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Vagabond said:
    Remember Maurice. He did little time here as he did not play nice with others but super knowledgeable. I was not a fan of his by any means just because he was always so aggressive and argumentative with about 90% of his comments. Many here (including myself) thought that was a "throw-a-way" account by an already existing member but it was also never proven.

    Lol he used to call me "Pink Hat" every time I bumped heads with him.

    I have no proof but I always thought he was Levi from 707

  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

    Pink hard hats are used to identify workers who have forgotten or lost their hard hats. They are also used as a temporary solution until a broken hard hat can be repaired or replaced. Pink hard hats are generally issued to female workers to make them easier to identify amongst the crowd of workers. However, they are also sometimes issued to workers (both male and female) as a form of punishment for forgetting to carry their helmets or protective headgear.

    Thats actually kind of funny. As I mentioned, he didn't last long here.

Sign In or Register to comment.