Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any info about these Bicentennial

johnnyscollectablesjohnnyscollectables Posts: 3
edited June 30, 2023 1:19PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I am a sports card collector and gooing through a box I have I run across these. I have no idea when or where I got them. Looks to be 1976. Can anyone give me any info or value? Thanks!

coins

Comments

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, these were commonly saved when they first came out and are very common. They make great souvineers of the bicentennial but aren’t worth very much.

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr Spud is correct. Memories for sure but not valuable. That said…
    Welcome and good question. We get some interesting stuff here but not only a good question but nice photos.
    Thanks 🙏

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

I set like this- lightly circulated and perhaps cleaned- would sell for about $3.00 on eBay. Minus the auction fees and PayPal fee plus shipping you would be received a bit less than face value.
    I'd keep the set and give it to a young relative.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

The plastic holder would have been purchased for about a quarter or fifty-cents and the coins would have been plucked from circulation and the set would be put together by a hobbyist back in the day. It is essentially worth face value, but still looks cool to most of us.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnnyscollectables... Welcome aboard. Your coins are a circulated set of the bicentennial. No significant numismatic premium. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything seems to be only worth face value, though that profile picture seems familiar… ;)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

$1.91

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spending money.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

they all have little D's meaning they were minted in Denver. The 1976 on the cent, nickel and dime mean that is the year minted. The quarters, halves and dollars could have been either 1975 or 1976.

• Options
    flyguyflflyguyfl Posts: 123 ✭✭

The Ike dollar may be worth more than face value depending on the grade. However, not worth having PCGS grade it.

https://www.pcgs.com/prices/detail/ike-dollar/31/most-active

• Options

Thanks everyone for all the info.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file