can anyone date this mercury dime?
this was found in a pile of junk mercury dimes






Comments
-
Looks like the date has been intentionally removed for some reason.
I know of no markers that can narrow the date down.4 -
Not an exact date, but it was made between 1934 and 1945. This is going by the mintmark style on the reverse.
http://varietyvista.com/06 Mercury Dime/Denver Mintmark Styles.htm
Custom album maker and numismatic photographer.
Need a personalized album made? Design it on the website below and I'll build it for you.
https://www.donahuenumismatics.com/.3 -
43D........................ I may be wrong but yes I can date it.
bob
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com1 -
"Can anyone date this Mercury dime?"
Most of us are spoken for.7 -
I vaguely see a 1937, but i’m probably wrong.
0 -
I like coins, but not that way.
0 -
Call it a 1942/1-D and give yourself a You Suck award.
3 -
Why bother? Melt it.
Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.1 -
-
No idea... Does appear that the date was intentionally removed. Possibly with the idea to 'make' it a key date - just a thought. Cheers, RickO
0 -
Put some Nic-A-Date on it.
0 -
I wonder if Nic-a-Date would even do anything....never tried it on silver.
I see what may be the top of the 7 in about the right spot...so maybe a 1937?
0
Leave a Comment
Categories
- All Categories
- 520.1K Coins and Currency - PCGS
- 328.6K U.S. Coin Forum
- 14.8K PCGS Set Registry Forum
- 5.2K Q & A Forum
- 41.4K World & Ancient Coins Forum
- 3K U.S. & World Currency Forum
- 96.4K Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
- 7.3K Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
- 1.5K Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
- 61 Random
- 246.2K Trading Cards, Autographs and Memorabilia - PSA
- 90.3K Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
- 1.7K Autographs Forum
- 16.4K PSA Set Registry Forum
- 22K Sports Talk
- 115K Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
- 663 Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
- 2.2K Stamps
- 1.5K Stamps Forum
- 670 Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps
- 83 Coin Shows
- 83 General Coin Show Information and Discussion
- 11.9K Misc
- 11.9K Testing Forum







