Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1972 Lincoln cent

Hi everybody I have this Lincoln cent I'm not sure is it Doubled die I need help from you. .

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nooraden1... Have you compared it to known examples in the CPG or other error coin references?? If it does not match one of the pictured examples, it likely is not. Based on your pictures, it does not appear to be a DD. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    nooraden1nooraden1 Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

Thanks lot everyone for reply.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Save this page for all future reference regarding doubled dies or RPM's. It will answer most of any questions in this regard.
    Jim

http://varietyvista.com/

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken said:
    Save this page for all future reference regarding doubled dies or RPM's. It will answer most of any questions in this regard.
    Jim

http://varietyvista.com/

That link and other helpful ones have been posted multiple times for the benefit of @nooraden. But unfortunately, I haven’t seen any indication that she has made any use of them. Instead, she has continued to start numerous threads with the same types of questions.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you place someone on ignore?
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it is a very minor doubled die, it's the very common master hub doubled die.
    This minor doubled die appears on all P, D & S mints.
    No added value or collector interest.

• Options
    nooraden1nooraden1 Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

Thans lot for everyone.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken said:
    How do you place someone on ignore?
    Jim

I don't know. I placed myself on IGNORE by accident and it was a heck of a time freeing me up. ;)

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file