Home Precious Metals
Options

ASE Monster Box

There was a thread on here a few months ago about a guy selling a monster box and it commanding a premium as unopened. Can anyone tell me how the individual tubes come packaged inside a monster box? I have seen a picture that looks like they have a US Mint seal/sticker over the lid.

Long story short, would individual tubes sell for an additional premium or is the tube seal/sticker easily tampered with making the contents possibly no longer direct from the mint?

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2023 1:13PM

By hand or by 'robot', I don't see any seals on the individual tubes.
    https://youtu.be/86WEutE1RCE
    https://youtu.be/rmlonoppxpg

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ChewliesGumChewliesGum Posts: 71 ✭✭

Sorry, I should have included an image in my first post. Is this packaging from the mint only available on individual tubes?

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2023 5:30PM

A quote from. Monument Metals (many other dealers are stating the same or similar....)

"PLEASE NOTE The US Mint recently added black tape to the top of the Silver Eagle Tubes. This tape breaks easily, even inside unopened monster boxes coming to us straight from the mint. You may receive tubes where the tape appears broken. We do not search tubes for MS 70s and are not opening your tubes prior to shipment. This is just a result of the US Mint using insufficient seals on their tubes. We will be applying our own tape to these tubes to make sure they do not break open during shipment to you."

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston ... Thanks for the videos, amazing what they do with robotics now. I remember back in the late nineties, we tried a 'robot' machine in our manufacturing process (limited part of the process), and it was a failure. Now, looks like with AI, they are efficient, accurate and fast. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

AI has been around since the first digital calculator.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    psuman08psuman08 Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

I have a roll from the late 80s, purchased at the time, that has the tape with tread in it holding the cap on. I am not sure if that was from the mint or seller.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@psuman08 said:
    I have a roll from the late 80s, purchased at the time, that has the tape with tread in it holding the cap on. I am not sure if that was from the mint or seller.

I'm pretty sure that is the sellers tape

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@psuman08 said:

added aftermarket. highly recommended when shipping tubes, the tube cap tends to pop off in transit.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt