Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS having a luncheon at Pittsburgh ANA?

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

If so on what day?

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure yet one way or the other, but my guess would be no. They will wait until the Sept Long Beach show like last year.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope so.

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2023 9:50PM

They used to do them at all the major shows. No way to know for sure, but it's still early, and they DID host a very nice spread at FUN in January. Invites used to go out around 6 weeks ahead of time, so I'd either stay tuned or just ask them directly.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give customer service a call... They should be able to answer that question... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen an invite...

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed that PCGS was not a Corporate sponsor of the ANA summer money show. Wondering if they were instead focusing on the ANA luncheon show instead.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options

@oreville said:
    I noticed that PCGS was not a Corporate sponsor of the ANA summer money show. Wondering if they were instead focusing on the ANA luncheon show instead.

Because times are tough? Business is down? They couldn't possibly afford to do both?

It's entirely possible their new private equity masters have chosen to divert their marketing dollars elsewhere, which might or might not include sponsoring a collector get together in Pittsburgh, but not being a Corporate sponsor of the show means nothing with respect to whether or not they are focusing on a luncheon.

If anything, their failure to be a sponsor could also lock them out of the ability to book space in the convention center if they want to. I don't know how those things work, whether ANA controls the space during the show, and, if so, whether they'd refuse to make ballroom space available to non-sponsors. I can tell you that doing anything off site makes it a bit of a pain to attend, unless it's an end of day cocktail hour when there is no auction session.

• Options
    edited May 31, 2023 8:10PM

@BStrauss3 said:
    I have not seen an invite...

Too early. If there will be one, it wouldn't be for another month or so. It's not a wedding, and the show is still over 2 months away. They just sent out invites today for Early Entry at Long Beach, and that show is in 3 weeks!

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

I was hoping they would do the kids educational event at his show like they did a few years ago in Pittsburgh.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file