Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just found this

It has a die clash on it, what does that do for the coin? It looks like scratches in the pictures, but it is really visible through a eye loop.

Comments

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2023 4:44PM

Whether a die clash or scratches - and it certainly looks like the latter - it does nothing for the coin. (Edited to account for the “W”.)

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing anything but scratches in your photos.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not been able to find a (W) West Point quarter in circulation ... and I have been looking for even just one of the these coins.
    Nice find!

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

The scratches add damage to the coin.

• Options
    Matt97932Matt97932 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

On the reverse through N. Mariana Island, up through American and stops at the O in Memorial

• Options

I thought that all the W quarters were going to be circulated?

• Options

Maybe a better picture

• Options

She doesn't have an eye either, it's just a hole .

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do see the clash but I would not think it would add value in that condition.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Matt97932 said:
    I thought that all the W quarters were going to be circulated?

They were all placed into circulation but many are uncirculated as they were pulled from new rolls.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

There might be a die clash, crack or scratch. If there are, forget them. All I see is a W, that's where your value and interest lies.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    There might be a die clash, crack or scratch. If there are, forget them. All I see is a W, that's where your value and interest lies.

His interest might be in collecting die clashes. If it is a die clash the fact it is a W quarter makes it more collectible than a P or D quarter due to limited production of the W quarters.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Matt97932 said:
    It has a die clash on it, what does that do for the coin? It looks like scratches in the pictures, but it is really visible through a eye loop.

Congratulations on your W quarter find. You have found the 2019 American Memorial W quarter which typically sells on Ebay for more than most of the 10 versions of the W quarters depending on the condition of the quarter.🤑

Nice to see a W quarter still showing up in the wild 4 years after issue date.😉

Thank you for sharing your find!😎

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Matt97932... I do not see a die clash.... Nice W quarter though.... I still have not found one in change, and I do a lot of cash shopping. Just found one in a Coinstar reject slot, of all places... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its only redeeming feature is the "W".

All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file