Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Did PCGS eliminate the shop tab in the registry? UPDATE!

alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 22, 2023 7:26PM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

When you opened your set it used to have a shop tab on the left side where you could shop for coins
Now it's not there
Anybody?

Comments

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes they did and I have no idea why as it was very helpful.

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    Yes they did and I have no idea why as it was very helpful.

WOW, Yes, I did find it very helpful also,
    Wonder why they did that?

• ERIEERIE Posts: 5

I noticed that and assumed it was just a glitch or error of some type. This was a helpful feature and I am sad to see it go.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too miss this option.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2023 6:17PM

I would be embarrassed to be the president of this company - once again, they make a change and don't say a word as to why. I know, it's their site - but to not say anything is just bad customer service.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • This was a very helpful feature. Please put this option back in

I'd bet that there are a lot of dealers that are upset about this move, maybe they can convince them to put it back

• Yep, this is really frustrating…..hopefully someone from PCGS is reading this thread!!!

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still do a version of this, although it's less convenient. Go to the PCGS Price Guide, select the series you want to shop coins in, and open up the Price Guide link for that series. Then go to the dates you want and click Shop With Affiliates.
    @Vandaleak_Collection @alaura22 @sibleycpa @WaterSport @WAYNEAS @ERIE @Goldminers

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

Price guide and pop report has the same thing.
    Not as convenient as before as you mentioned.

Ok, I'll let the cat out of the bag.
    If you go to the set category, not your set, there is a tab at the top right named "find coins". If you click on it it goes to the same place it used to go when you were in your set and had the "shop tab"
    Just so everybody knows.
    :)

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

It showed a bunch of coins for some sets, but almost all I was looking for are Heritage auctions that ended months ago.
    It also did not show any new Top 100 coins 10th anniversary set when I tried it on that set.

• the one thing i did notice it still seems to work on the app, just not on computer. very frustrating I use that to see what I need for my sets, now I've ended up ordering doubles.

• oldsmagnetoldsmagnet Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

For me it was always pretty much broken anyway - at least for the way I used it -- within the set, if an 'upgrade' coin was available and the "shop" icon would show up for that specific coin -- most of the time it'd bring up a coin that had been sold months earlier, and half the time it'd bring up a coin that wasn't actually an upgrade. Maybe their version of "fixing" something was just getting rid of it and hoping nobody would notice :neutral:

• I have received emails from pcgs stating that they have found coins to improve my set. Then it shows a page as you have described.

• NulteNulte Posts: 131 ✭✭

i used to like that feature, showing the coins that would upgrade my sets, from multiple sources, buy it now and auction items.. now ,if i see an item i need to go check what if, and plug it in. ,before i could see a list and at the bottom of it it would show how much it would improve my sets.. i waste a lot of time and money now.

• DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to alaura22 Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭✭✭ on June 22, 2023 10:27PM. - This is a restatement of that post.

Go to your set and then click the set category belonging to your set. This is right under the headline for your set. You will then see a "Find Coins" tab at the top right. Click that and it goes to the same place it used to go when you were in your set and had the "shop tab"

Thank you again, alaura22

• VasantiVasanti Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

I like the emails that they send from Heritage and GC that show the upgrades to your set that are available in upcoming auctions. I just don’t understand why that isn’t a built-in feature. I’m sure they could make good money off of it. The auction houses surely pay for the marketing emails, and I’m guessing they would pay to have a built in option where you can click on a vendor and see the available coins and upgrades they have that fit your sets.