Home U.S. Coin Forum

Kennedy 2023 Half Dollar 200-Coin Bag and Half Dollar Two-Roll Set on sale at noon...who's buying?

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's buying these items from the Mint today.

If you are, I would love to know what you find of interest.

Are you looking for errors?

Are they good fun for the YN's?

Thanks.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/kennedy-2023-half-dollar-two-roll-set-23KB.html?cgid=2023-product-schedule

https://catalog.usmint.gov/kennedy-2023-half-dollar-200-coin-bag-23KA.html?cgid=2023-product-schedule

Comments

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2023 8:32AM

I already have a prescription for these. I just look for high grade examples to certify. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't.

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you more likely to find high grade coins in the rolls than the bags? It seems like the coins in the bags must get scuffed up in transit.

Higashiyama
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying a pair of coins off of ebay for my Dansco.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't be doing a bag, but one each P + D for my book. When I help at the LCS, I'll pair them with 1923 Walkers or any 1823 Bust Halves.

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not buying any, either rolls or bags. Should be interesting though, to see if any errors or varieties turn up. Cheers, RickO

• planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

I got a credit card notification and I thought it might have been for the new Morgans. Now I remember I signed up for these. In 2007 I pulled three 67s out of a bag, but in 2018 I got merely one 66. I'm mainly just interested in a screening and grading exercise.

Anybody know when they will ship?

@planetsteve said:
    I got a credit card notification and I thought it might have been for the new Morgans. Now I remember I signed up for these. In 2007 I pulled three 67s out of a bag, but in 2018 I got merely one 66. I'm mainly just interested in a screening and grading exercise.

Anybody know when they will ship?

It's a combination of luck and how carefully the mint handles the coins each year. Sometimes they really ding them up, other times they seem to take more care.

My sub shipped yesterday.

• erscoloerscolo Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not I.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine yesterday. All rolls appear to be well struck and have nice luster and appearance. Went through one P roll but didn't all were too banged up to consider sending in. Will go through the rest tonight. I anticipate there will be some that make a PL designation.

Update: Went through the other 3 rolls and found no MS67 candidates. I have one that might go 66. Not a good result as usually I have a few two submit.

• planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

Got my bag yesterday. I understand the concept of PL, but I was surprised when it started getting applied to Kennedys, I believe during the Rocketship days. Any tips on how to discern which coins will make it?

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭

I have a subscription for the 2-roll set. It's coming in the mail today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file