Home Precious Metals

King Charles….

percybpercyb Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭


"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
Tagged:

Comments

  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very neat coin. What is that circular area to the left of the trident? Is it some kind of anticounterfeiting feature?

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

  • percybpercyb Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2023 7:26PM

    @PerryHall said:
    Very neat coin. What is that circular area to the left of the trident? Is it some kind of anticounterfeiting feature?

    Indeed the markings are to prevent counterfeiting.
    Good question.

    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I purchased the last one of Queen Elizabeth.... She was a great Monarch. Cheers, RickO

  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cohodk said:
    Did you know there was once a King who was only 12 inches tall? He wasnt much of a king but was a great ruler.

    You know they don't make 12" rulers any longer.

  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have the Queen on the '23, like RickO.

  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2023 6:26AM

    I suspect the last of the "Queen" will demand higher premiums down the road than the firs "King" unless something bad happens and the King Charles is only a one or two year coin.

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • psuman08psuman08 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

    I've seen the Queen listed at higher prices already vs. the King.

  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Those looking to buy the King, best price I have found is as low as $27.60 per coin at Bullion Exchanges.

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I suspect the reign of King Charles will be a short one... He is 74 already.... Cheers, RickO

  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2023 9:06AM

    At least they can finally say "long live the king."

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • percybpercyb Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭

    @derryb said:
    Those looking to buy the King, best price I have found is as low as $27.60 per coin at Bullion Exchanges.

    With shipping included I paid about $10 more than that for one coin.

    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:
    I suspect the reign of King Charles will be a short one... He is 74 already.... Cheers, RickO

    Possibly similar to William IV (1830-37)

  • Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:
    I suspect the reign of King Charles will be a short one... He is 74 already.... Cheers, RickO

    not necessarily. His dad lived to be 99 or so. Could be another 20 or 25 years. time will tell.

  • BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:
    I suspect the last of the "Queen" will demand higher premiums down the road than the firs "King" unless something bad happens and the King Charles is only a one or two year coin.

    I filled a tube with Her Majesty.

    P.S. Sorry, but Chaz is ugly.

Sign In or Register to comment.