Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A Satisfying Quartet! Will I be able to complete it? One More to Go

ClioClio Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭

This lovely group has somehow come into my possession.

PCGS AU55 straight through

For those that don't know I am working a Shilling set with a piece for each Monarch and specifically for hammered shillings there's only 5. 5! that means I could realistically complete this set and would be so satisfying to do so. However the current highest graded Philip & Mary is an AU50. Between both tpgs. They were only minted two years. 1554-1555. I am unsure if I could manage to ever complete this but there's some nice hammered pieces out there. I graded the James I and Charles I myself but the other two I purchased already graded.

Anyway I was just ecstatic about how this is coming along and wanted to share it.

*Charles II does have some hammered shillings but I am looking for a milled example for him. There's also commonwealth and Oliver Cromwell pieces but I am passing on those for the time being as the current scope is Monarch only. Lastly there is another piece some consider a shilling. Henry VIII Testoons but they are very pricey so I will continue to pretend they don't exist until I am in a position to even consider them.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG- Wonderful examples- A huge Congrats. Well played

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding examples. Well done!

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like them!
    Nice idea.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    SimonWSimonW Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are SO COOL! Well done!

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks everyone! As always I am constantly looking for nice shillings. If any of you ever come across any exceptional examples please let me know. It's getting harder and harder to upgrade my sets but I still want to check.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"