Home Metal Detecting
Options

Dog Name Tags (not military)

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Military Dog Tag is one thing that I’ve never found.

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats way cool ppc, i got a few somewhere and love to check things out like that. i found one from 1924 which was donated to the historical society.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pocketpiececommems I've dug a few. The oldest one was on my road. A 1907 "Dog Tax" Bucks County tag. Do you collect them? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

I have several old ones but they aren’t in this pile.

Namvet69 I don’t have near the number of the old ones like you do And had kinda forgotten that the earlier ones were called Dog Tax

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pocketpiececommems ... That is quite the pile of tags.. and you have even more? I have found a couple, actually just when walking, no MD. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I have a couple from the early 1900's that say "Dog Tax" on them.