Home Sports Talk

Yankees Rays series over and I am no longer routing for the dreaded yankees!

tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 8, 2023 7:24AM in Sports Talk

But I am for the first time in years I have rooted for the Yankees!
I now am routing only for the Red Sox!

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a chance, let Tampa sweep them

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

You gotta be kidding!! Root for the New Yawkas?? I'd rather have a root canal.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭

Root canal, OUCH , that is serious hate,

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont want the evil empire getting any momentum. Kick em when they are down!

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

The Jays are just finally hitting some serious teams now that want to win more than they do. The Yankees do not have the players to contend and are not going to win enough games without their 2 power hitting outfielders that are made of glass.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we'll have to chalk this one up to you're having a "senior moment", or your BP was just a little low when you posted that. Cheering for the Yankees is like spitting on the turkey on Thanksgiving.

I have always hated the Yankees but want to see the lead the Rays have disappear right now. My wanting the Yankees to win this series is just a one time event. By Thanksgiving I will not spit on the turkey unless it has a picture of yankee stadium on it.

The yankees won one last night so that puts the RedSox one game closer to the Rays. Another one today would be good then I can turn back into a Yankee hater!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cole is pitching for NY so should be tough for Tampa

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    The yankees won one last night so that puts the RedSox one game closer to the Rays. Another one today would be good then I can turn back into a Yankee hater!

You actually should be rooting for the Rays not the Yankees if youre a Red Sox fan. The Rays will come back down to earth, they arent going to win a 130+ games which theyre on pace for. If they were to win 130+ setting a new record the Red Sox wouldnt come close to catching them anyways and it would come down to wild card spots where Yankees wins hurt their standing.

The best case is either the Rays fall of a cliff losing every game or win every game, not something that keeps them in the mix

I am done routing for the Yankees now and am back to being a YANKEE HATER as I have always been even when I was routing for the yankees last week.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Rays had not run themselves out of two innings, they might have swept the series. With a 2-0 lead, the Rays had men on first and third with one out. The guy on first tried to steal second and got thrown out. The batter then hit a fly to deep right, which would have scored the man from third. I know you can’t predict what could happen, but that was a big potential run in a 3-2 loss.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?