Home Precious Metals
Options

That 'gutter metal' Silver seems to have some shine left to it

tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least for now. Not sure what to make of it... temporary, or long term up trend? To me, there seems to be a difference now. Before, when the stock market had a rather down day, silver price would follow (presumably being sold off to cover losses in stock market, etc.) Now... seems to either hold steady or keep moving up. To soon to tell if temporary or not.

Perhaps more smart money moving into physical silver (and gold)? We found out a week or so ago about one deep pocket entity buying up huge amounts of 90%... which caused disruption in the market and making 90% hard to come by at least for awhile.

----- kj

Comments

• Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

My gut tells me the trend will continue higher ever so slowly until the interest rates begin
    to fall. It's the old "buy the rumor, sell the news" market, I suspect,
    but I could be all wet.

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2023 5:31PM

The gutter never disappoints. Plenty of 90% available as well (regardless of what Bulguaria Hedge may be spewing). Halfway back to where she was a decade and a half ago. Certainly wouldn't call that the definition of "shine". RGDS!

PS: the Metal of Kings is $20 from an all time high, that's where the smart money is. Dodo money follows the gutter.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be an interesting month in precious metals... Between the economy, politics, culture war and general insecurities, will be fun to watch. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2023 1:50PM

Much better than expected jobs report causes gold and silver to drop today. (?) . I see, but twice gold has tried to break through $2080 and sustain that number and both times it fell back within the last ten days.

A double ? A double fail chart sign? (double top)

Gold still bullish? Along with Silver ?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

The previous jobs reports were all revised downward, but you’re not supposed to notice that. Why would this one be any different? Shadowstats.com gives the real numbers based on the historic reporting methodologies.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    The previous jobs reports were all revised downward, but you’re not supposed to notice that. Why would this one be any different? Shadowstats.com gives the real numbers based on the historic reporting methodologies.

Revised down to what? A 3 million jobs rate from 3.5 million jobs rate.

Jmski, is the economy of today the same as it was in 1970?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

We all need a bag of that in our stash! Only one bag available....

----- kj