Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FB FT 1976 Roos. Dime Clarification

Hello, just looking for advice from some more knowledgeable people... I have a 1976 dime, and I'm wondering if it could be either FB or FT. I'm thinking of submitting it for grading, as the condition seems to be great, as well. Anyway, here's the dime... what do you all think?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum.

Your coin does not qualify for Full Bands - see the link below for an explanation of Full Bands.
    It includes this definition: "“PCGS designates Full Bands for Roosevelt Dimes that grade MS60 or better and show full separation of the upper and lower horizontal bands of the torch on the reverse. To qualify for this designation, a coin must also show no significant cuts or marks across the horizontal bands.”

https://www.pcgs.com/news/what-are-full-bands-on-roosevelt

Your coin would not merit the cost of grading.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice album coin. Not a FB or FT.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

Not FB and certainly not worth $50-60.00 getting it graded.
    It is a nice dime so put it in a 2x2 and keep in your collection.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@irontoad30... Welcome aboard. Your dime is not of the quality that would merit submitting to a TPG. Put it in an album and build a series of Roosevelt dimes. Get a Redbook and learn more about grading coins and values. Good luck in the hobby... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Right on, thanks everyone for commenting, and your advice!

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a 1976 D FT Roosie in an NGC holder selling for $120 on ebay. That might be a better buy than purchasing one and sending it in with S/H/Insurance fees. Not being mean, but if you think your sample is worthy of grading, you might want to buy already holdered.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file