Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GMM Concept Dollar Pedigrees

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Concept Dollars by the Gallery Mint Museum of Ron Landis, Joe Rust and others is fascinating for their designs and being part of history, but they are also fascinating for the collector following they have.

To some extent, they (and Dan Carr's material) remind me of the early days of collecting Lesher Dollars when Zerbe wrote his book and documented the individual early collectors and items in their collections.

I just came across this one which is pedigreed to Ron's parents. Who was lucky enough to become the steward for this?

Landis Studios said:
From the Estate of Harold and Mary Landis (Ron's Parents)

https://www.landisstudios.net/product-page/1998-concept-dollar-liberty-head-thin-planchet

Comments

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2023 10:36AM

Not mine, glad it sold. Its been an active offer for maybe 3 weeks now.

Back in the day Ken Bressett, aka Mr Redbook handed out several 1998s to his friends. Part of his and Landis' Peace through coins for year 2000 program. I bought mine from a direct gift recipient housed in it's felt lined box. I separated it from the issue box due to strong sulfur smell 20 years ago.

I am one of Landis' capped at 5,000 facebook friends, this video went live today. Enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ds1_HkO_Ls

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure wish the Mint would have gone with a design like that for the dollar coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yaaaay! @ricko
    I've been saying this for years. Unfortunately, our coinage goons like to hire their cousins or brother's kindergarten children to design our coins.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file