Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

sold

silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

PM fired away!

Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2023 5:49PM

Not sure who bought what here, but if they haven't sent the check yet they might want to read this thread first:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1090971/nevermind#latest

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mailed him the check last Monday. I don't know if he got it yet or not. It was for a nice 1937 buffalo nickel in MS66 in a PCGS slab for $56. I'll wait a while to give him a chance to mail it. I hope he sends me a tracking number.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could put a stop on the check seeing everything that's been going on with him
    I know I would,

Geeez he even spelled your name wrong

@braddick said:
    PerryHall, you're a well-respected seasoned member.
    There would be zero reasons to hold the coin while your check clears.
    Especially so on such an expensive coin.

I think you mean inexpensive coin. ;)
    I've had many members here send me four figure coins before receiving my check. I've had other sellers here hold coins worth only a couple hundred dollars until the check clears. I guess it all comes down to risk tolerance.

• NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holding a coin till a check clears is fine. Not insuring your shipment and refusing to make good when the coin is lost in shipping is not fine.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

@silverpop said:
    won by parryhall

B) excellent

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

peacockcoins

Colin and I exchanged a couple of PM's today. He's still awaiting my check. He also wanted me to verify that I'm still okay assuming liability if the USPS loses or steals my coin. I said I was. It's an inexpensive coin at a good price so I told him that I would self-insure and assume any liability. I think he'll send me the coin since he will give me a tracking number. Stay tuned.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Colin and I exchanged a couple of PM's today. He's still awaiting my check. He also wanted me to verify that I'm still okay assuming liability if the USPS loses or steals my coin. I said I was. It's an inexpensive coin at a good price so I told him that I would self-insure and assume any liability. I think he'll send me the coin since he will give me a tracking number. Stay tuned.

Have him take a picture when it’s ready to mail. This guy might be alright but I have never liked his terms and they are perfect for a scammer. I would want to know he actually mailed something

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's not forget that @ponderit took a loss from this guy. Just saying.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

The words that always make me laugh
    "Trust Me"
    Just saying

• USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

I dunno. The consensus here among all the members is that Colin is wrong and should pay Bill for his loss. By you adhering to his questionable terms reinforces his bad behavior. I know you want your coin, but I would have told Colin that if the coin goes missing, and you didn't insure it, I'd expect you to make me whole just as you should with Bill. JMHO

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2023 9:43PM

@PerryHall said:

@braddick said:

I've had many members here send me four figure coins before receiving my check. I've had other sellers here hold coins worth only a couple hundred dollars until the check clears. I guess it all comes down to risk tolerance.

True. It is risk tolerance but there is also a modicum of trust in others, as well as a few other factors.
    (just so folks know, I view "PerryHall" as a good risk....ie, not really a risk at all)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

I hope you get it.
    There are a few previous members who had a history of selling to members here, that members trusted, that went rogue.
    I won't bring a certain one up (RIP) but there was another member who never did me wrong, as I never bought anything from him when he went bad, but had bought, and trusted, him before that. BigD5 might ring a bell to some....it's been years but I know some folks got burned

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

@Bochiman said:

@PerryHall said:

I hope you get it.
    There are a few previous members who had a history of selling to members here, that members trusted, that went rogue.
    I won't bring a certain one up (RIP) but there was another member who never did me wrong, as I never bought anything from him when he went bad, but had bought, and trusted, him before that. BigD5 might ring a bell to some....it's been years but I know some folks got burned

I remember BigD5, He actually sold a DBD for me North of $3000 before he went rogue. I've always wondered where/why he went rogue.. ?

edited May 8, 2023 10:07AM

This guy will not be a BigD5 on his worst day. Big D did lots of big deals. I did many trades and ship the day he bought it and waited for check. Always got paid, I was lucky. I don’t think this guy sold a coin over 100 bucks. Is he a kid ?

@JimTyler said:
    This guy will not be a BigD5 on his worst day. Big D did lots of big deals. I did many trades and ship the day he bought it and waited for check. Always got paid, I was lucky. I don’t think this guy sold a coin over 100 bucks. Is he a kid ?

I've had my issues with him as well and used to give him a hard time on the BST. I stopped because I never figured out if he was a kid, or if there was something wrong with him ...?

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't want to pile on but if I was ever told, in effect, "If the coin don't arrive it's your problem bud" I'd hunt another coin somewhere

• SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@braddick said:

I think Braddick got it right.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USMC_6115 said:

@JimTyler said:

I've had my issues with him as well and used to give him a hard time on the BST. I stopped because I never figured out if he was a kid, or if there was something wrong with him ...?

"Or if there was...."
    Your last sentence says it all.

Have a nice day

Silverpop mailed my coin yesterday and provided me with the tracking number. Unless the USPS loses it, steals it, or destroys the package with its automated machinery, I should get it later this week. It is a nice looking 1937 Buffalo nickel in a PCGS MS66 slab. It was only $56 so I agreed to self-insure because the seller doesn't like to buy insurance for some strange reason that only he knows. I'm guessing this may be the last coin he ever sells on the BST under the name silverpop.

• LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Silverpop mailed my coin yesterday and provided me with the tracking number. Unless the USPS loses it, steals it, or destroys the package with its automated machinery, I should get it later this week. It is a nice looking 1937 Buffalo nickel in a PCGS MS66 slab. It was only $56 so I agreed to self-insure because the seller doesn't like to buy insurance for some strange reason that only he knows. I'm guessing this may be the last coin he ever sells on the BST under the name silverpop.

Please give us any updates.

Wishing you the best, even though it's an inexpensive coin we all want to hear how this ends up.
    Pulling for ya @PerryHall

@LeeBone said:

@PerryHall said:

Please give us any updates.

Wishing you the best, even though it's an inexpensive coin we all want to hear how this ends up.
    Pulling for ya @PerryHall

Thanks. The tracking shows the estimated arrival to be on Thursday but we know how reliable that is. LOL.

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

This has also been by experience with Colin (silverpop). I have been buying coins from him for a very long time. As PerryHall says above, since the coins that I bought were not expensive, I took the chance. Silverpop always made it clear to me that he was not responsible for coins lost in transit. Since the price was so reasonable as far as I was concerned, and I didn't have to pay shipping, I took the chances. Silverpop would let me know when he received my check and provided me with tracking. I have always received my coin purchases from silverpop.

@CoinHoarder said:

@PerryHall said:

This has also been by experience with Colin (silverpop). I have been buying coins from him for a very long time. As PerryHall says above, since the coins that I bought were not expensive, I took the chance. Silverpop always made it clear to me that he was not responsible for coins lost in transit. Since the price was so reasonable as far as I was concerned, and I didn't have to pay shipping, I took the chances. Silverpop would let me know when he received my check and provided me with tracking. I have always received my coin purchases from silverpop.

I said before this guy might be alright. I personally would never agree to the terms as a matter of principle price doesn’t matter.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alaura22 said:
    The words that always make me laugh
    "Trust Me"
    Just saying

Believe me. Trust no one. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc