Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

58 penny

I tryed selling this ok twi different platforms n both deactivated took it down why ?

Comments

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

How was it worded in your description.
    If a coin is misrepresented, I know that eBay will remove it.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would need more information... full listing details and pictures. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Need to see the description of the item.

• Options
    OwlxOwlx Posts: 261 ✭✭

Ok

• Options

Because I miss spelled uncirculated ?

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2023 1:38AM

Please click on "Get more information" and show us what it says there.
    It looks like it would fit under Collectibles/Coins & Money on Etsy:
    https://www.etsy.com/c/art-and-collectibles/collectibles/coins?ref=catnav-66

I see they have a lot of counterfeit coins in this category.

• Options
    lcutlerlcutler Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2023 1:35AM

I would say you misrepresented it as a proof like error coin. It is not proof like, what is the error? It looks like a normal uncirculated cent worth less than a dollar.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not a proof. What is the error?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

You only show the Obverse so if the “error” is on the Reverse, we cannot see it.
    Always show both sides of the coin when posting.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

MY guess is that the so-called error is mechanical doubling at "IN GOD WE TRUST".
    Although the coin isn't prooflike or an error, I'm still somewhat surprised that the listing was removed.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

There is also the start of a RidgeRing, but that is not considered an error as it
    is caused by Die Deterioration.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:
    MY guess is that the so-called error is mechanical doubling at "IN GOD WE TRUST".
    Although the coin isn't prooflike or an error, I'm still somewhat surprised that the listing was removed.

Perhaps someone reported to them that it is misrepresented as being something that it is clearly not.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@MFeld said:

Perhaps someone reported to them that it is misrepresented as being something that it is clearly not.

I think that's almost a given. But there are many "error" listings which include misrepresentations and are reported, but allowed to remain active. And I did say that I was "somewhat surprised" (as opposed to "very surprised", "shocked" or "stunned") that the listing was removed. ;)

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

I recommend using spell-check when listing and also be realistic when pricing. I also suggest being realistic with what the coin actually is. And, same as Mark, I, too, am a little surprised it was taken down.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2023 7:42AM

The real question is not why was it deactivated, but why was it listed in the first place? 🤔

It's not any of the things you claim it is (except maybe uncirculated). Sort of like all those gold "discoveries" you've posted on the Precious Metals forum. :#;)

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2023 4:38PM

Honestly your account at any decent legit selling platform should be deactivated for selling coins like this with misleading if not downright dishonest descriptions. The coin you have shown has no errors that are visible, and has no proof like look of any sort.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2023 4:33AM

An opinion is one thing. Misrepresentation is another. I dont even collect Lincoln cents and I have better condition wheat ear cents than that ungraded.

Edit to fix auto correct typo

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

Calling a non-error an error - especially in a sales listing - is not simply an opinion, it's fraudulent misrepresentation, particularly if you've been advised that it's incorrect.

Delusion and defiance are a dangerous combination. :|

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps because of your spelling.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised you didn't list that it was made out of gold, as well, since it appears most all of your threads are claiming to have found gold dust, gold nuggets or gold in any manner.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2023 4:11PM

@Owlx said:
    Do u have Lincoln cents in better condition then mine ?ungraded . I'll bet not . .

:D That is like you bringing a butterknife to a gunfight, but sure I'll be happy to take your cash, how much do you want to bet. In case you did not see it; in my sig line is a link to my complete 09-58 Lincoln registry set, ranked #5 on the NGC registry. And I have hundreds of raw Lincoln cents that would put that dog of a coin in your op to shame. Feel free to put your money where your mouth is bud!

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

How u like them apples ?

And why does Lincoln have 3 eye balls ?

• Options

Is that a B.I.E error can list it as an error ?

• Options

“Is that a B.I.E. error can list it as an error?”

We will have to see a photo of it first. You are not showing one.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a beautiful corn collection.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 55-S looks like a BIE die chip.
    Please understand that uncirculated cents from the 50's are readily available in roll quantities.
    I'm not sure where you pulled that $1500 price from, that is not even close to realistic.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

I see it now, It would have helped if the OP had mentioned which one of
    his multiple photos he was referring to.
    Also a Die Chip is not an error so if you list it, list it as a BIE die chip.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't go spending that $1500 just yet. LMAO.
    I'm glad to see that Etsy is finally doing something to clean up their listings. They've long been a home for scammers and/or people who simply don't know anything about coins but still list and put stupid prices on dirt common items just because they're shiny and/or have a nick or mark on them that they think is a rare error. I haven't looked at Etsy just recently but there used to be a guy on there trying to sell circ Bicentennial quarters for $2000 per and a group of beater Indian cents for $10K.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

One of your highlighted coins shows obvious Machine/Mechanical Doubling (MD). Do you know what that is? :|

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.... the gold processing adventure probably did not 'pan' out .... so it is now on to more areas I take it.

Unfortunately, same as before, not listening to advice here. Are you an 'alt' and just have nothing better to do, than to try to yank others around?

----- kj
  • Options
    lcutlerlcutler Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭

You have a couple nice wheat cents there, machine doubling on Lincoln's face, no way to see anything in the group shot. The BIE die chips are collectable and carry a small premium.

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2023 4:52PM

@Owlx said:
    Well I'm entitled to my opinion on the description . And you are no grading company and it's listed as ungraded.so any description is based on opinion. Do u have Lincoln cents in better condition than mine ?ungraded . I'll bet not . .

Why does it have to be ungraded? :D.
    A lot of people here can grade just as good as PCGS or NGC, but you are obviously an ignorant novice or a troll.
    Why am I even typing this? :D

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    Shane6596Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ownerofawheatiehorde said:

@Owlx said:
    Well I'm entitled to my opinion on the description . And you are no grading company and it's listed as ungraded.so any description is based on opinion. Do u have Lincoln cents in better condition than mine ?ungraded . I'll bet not . .

Why does it have to be ungraded? :D.
    A lot of people here can grade just as good as PCGS or NGC, but you are obviously an ignorant novice or a troll.
    Why am I even typing this? :D

I agree, and the last sentence had me dying. :D

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2023 5:12AM

@Shane6596 said:
    I agree, and the last sentence had me dying. :D

I put myself here because of that last sentence.

Edit: (from the jailhouse)

• Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Owlx, you are coning-in a little hot. You have a great album collection, but some of the fellas here are pretty heavy hitters. (mind you, I am not one of them... just providing friendly advice; newbie-to-newbie)

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file