Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

First Submission TrueViews

MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a good exercise of my grading skills, or lack thereof. I had no idea how they would grade and my expectations were low. I'm keeping the Buffalo. I'm not a fan of the VDB Lincoln. I thought it was a mistake right after I bought it. Otherwise, this was educational and fun.

1865 3CN AU53
1938-D 5C Buffalo MS66
1909 VDB 1C, BN MS63BN
1949-S 10C Genuine VF Details (92 - Cleaned)

Comments

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

The VDB is very attractive.
    What is the significance of the 1949-S dime?

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frankly, if you're learning from the submission and grades, it's not a waste. We all begin somewhere...

Best...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

I kinda like the lincoln. I've had worse submissions.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

@Yorkshireman said:
    The VDB is very attractive.
    What is the significance of the 1949-S dime?

The dime has no significance. I just found it at an antique store. I paid $3.50 for it. I thought it would straight grade a little higher. Good lesson.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Buffalo nickel.... Good to learn from submissions. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a big believer in getting objective grading from the experts. It is hard to get that before we submit so the challenges of getting coins graded, filling out the submission forms, packaging the coins, shipping them, watching the whole process, waiting patiently is one of life's great learning experiences. It's a good start and hopefully on the next one you'll have even better coins to send in.

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your first submission! If you feel so inclined, I would appreciate hearing the story behind each coin and how they fit into your overall collection.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats.
    Not a bad first time submission.
    Assorted coins too!
    Yes, I would always get the TrueView pics!
    Their photos, are second to none!
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@Project Numismatics said:
    Congrats on your first submission! If you feel so inclined, I would appreciate hearing the story behind each coin and how they fit into your overall collection.

Please see this thread:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1088861/a-first-for-me-grades-posted

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file