Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the EAC Grade... GT(EAC)G

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 29, 2023 11:30AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'd never submit this coin for grading because I know it would BB for Environmental Damage but I'm curious what the Forum thinks about how this piece might Net Grade... I'll post the notes on the 2x2 envelope later...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• Options
    Shane6596Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭

VF30 ish

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea how EAC grading works, but the coin looks decent.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

VF-30 sharpness net graded to VF-20 because of red corrosion.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

VF details major services
    EAC F15

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vf30

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

35 sharpness net 30

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2023 7:06PM

35 sharpness.
    Ellsworth VF 25
    Reynolds VF 20
    Grellman F 15

Walkerguy 35 details, possible old cleaning but naturally retoned, some roughness on the obverse, decent eye appeal overall, priced at $xyz.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    EddiEddi Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭✭

My estimate is EF40 sharpness, net graded to VF30 for some small spots of red corrosion on the obverse. It is quite a nice coin.

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭✭✭

PO1

• Options

Lively thread! ;) Not quite a 40 but not quite P01 either! :D I purchased this coin from Tom Reynold's a couple of years ago when I was putting my Middle Date Run together. I was down to fewer than five coins and this was one of the dates that I had a more difficult time finding nice in higher than F12 grades. At the time, I was also trying to finish off my 7070 Type Set (which I ultimately did. :smile: ) but this meant funds were a little tight. I had just bought two of the Silver Type coins I needed for that set (Seated Lib Quarter and Bust Half Dime), but I hadn't ventured by any of the more serious EAC vendors. I bought this coin because it "mostly" has the color and surfaces I like, and nice details... except for that unfortunate red patch of corrosion in front of Ms. Liberty... that blasts like a neon sign when held at a certain angle... and the spot in between Stars 1-2 (I think that's a planchet flaw). This one was priced at about 1/3 of those with perfect surfaces at the same Details grade. I'll hang onto this one for the "Large Letters" Redbook variety, but I'll be a bit more picky with the 1832 Medium Letters.

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

7070 type coin - looks good for an album. I would not submit because it has a higher calling to be in a type set album

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    edited April 30, 2023 3:19PM

@coinkat said:
    7070 type coin - looks good for an album. I would not submit because it has a higher calling to be in a type set album

Here's the Middle Date I have in my 7070... I also bought this one from Tom...

edited to add: @Walkerguy21D ...and he graded this one XF45...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file