Home U.S. Coin Forum

I've noticed a trend on these forums (I do enjoy)

braddickbraddick Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collectors and contributors here responding to "parking lot finds"

Collectors and contributors responding to a well-thought-out esoteric question:

peacockcoins

Comments

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2023 2:20PM

I guess I don't see the replies as a new trend, however, there certainly has been a marked increase in the volume of rare machine doubling hiding in plain sight as DDO's and parking lot finds in the past couple of years.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, in an infinite set of universes, that chimp might just be typing Shakespeare ya know.

However, we are clearly not in that univererse as evidenced by my own replypdfdfhvhdhh

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2023 6:57PM

Actually I’m just moving. :#

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2023 7:00PM

Sorry @braddick, this thread went off the rails fast!

Sorry about that, you can have it back now.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2023 7:06PM

It just hit me. I think I just proved @UpGrayedd point here. I'm the monkey!!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• JWPJWP Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was growing up (kinda still am) everybody would pick up money in parking lots, floors, where every they found money laying around. These days people don't want to bend over for a Lincoln cent because some know they can't get back up and they left their life alert necklace at home. Picking up money laying around makes cents to me. However, there have been safety alerts about not picking up folder paper currency due to it possibly being laced with fentanyl. These days picking up change could be dangerous do the drugs and pranksters .

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Shane6596Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭

I pickup parking lot coins, just found one couple days ago...it was heads up (good luck) and i wound up getting a free coffee later that day that someone left on my bosses desk...weird.

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2023 8:12PM

@Ownerofawheatiehorde said:

@OAKSTAR said:

rare double stamp monster toner no mint mark error rare one of a kind 2002 penny one cent uncirculated top pop ignore my photo setup

Forget the penny, clean the drain!

Yeah maybe I should get some Drain-O :s

Now that you made us look at it, you need to use that picture to sell the coin on eBay.

• FrazFraz Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny!

@OAKSTAR said:
    Jeeezzzz! Forget the Drain-O, you need a snake! I'd be taking the pipes apart underneath that shower. Jeezzz!

Hide.

Actually I’m just moving. :#

Good idea, move.
    Glad you didn’t ruin the coffee thread with that.

@JWP said:
    When I was growing up (kinda still am) everybody would pick up money in parking lots, floors, where every they found money laying around. These days people don't want to bend over for a Lincoln cent because some know they can't get back up and they left their life alert necklace at home. Picking up money laying around makes cents to me. However, there have been safety alerts about not picking up folder paper currency due to it possibly being laced with fentanyl. These days picking up change could be dangerous do the drugs and pranksters .

They found me spazzing out in my drawers in the CVS parking lot with a half-eaten Fentanyled Jackson.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shane6596 said:
    I pickup parking lot coins, just found one couple days ago...it was heads up (good luck) and i wound up getting a free coffee later that day that someone left on my bosses desk...weird.

If you went ahead and drank a cup of coffee left on your bosses desk then you are ready for VaultBox.

• Shane6596Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fathom said:

@Shane6596 said:

If you went ahead and drank a cup of coffee left on your bosses desk then you are ready for VaultBox.

I'm so ready... :D

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2023 9:49AM

🤔 Welcome to Saturday Delight 🤣

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file