Home U.S. Coin Forum

Back from my LCS

Got a roll of Walkers for $240 and an 1868 G-4 shield nickel for $5. Oh and a cool little thing of war nickels for $20. I know, I know...i'm poor :( but they still give me great attention when they know i'm only spending $300 or so every time i come in.

I was surprised by how much gold and silver they had. I thought people were buying this stuff up!

Almost pulled the trigger on a set of low graded 32-D and 32-S quarters. Maybe next time.

/blog

Successful transactions with: robkool, Walkerguy21D, JimW, Bruce7789, massscrew, Jinx86, jonasdenenbergllc, Yorkshireman, bobsr, tommyrusty7, markelman1125, Kliao, DBSTrader2, SurfinxHI, ChrisH821, CoinHoarder, Bolo, MICHAELDIXON, bigtime36, JWP, 1960NYGiants

Comments

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great agglomeration of silver! Will you post an obverse image of the 1868 Shield Nickel? There are many varieties out there.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • VTchaserVTchaser Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2023 11:57AM

The nickel is in horrible shape. But couldn't complain for $5. This is the best i can do with my phone camera.

Successful transactions with: robkool, Walkerguy21D, JimW, Bruce7789, massscrew, Jinx86, jonasdenenbergllc, Yorkshireman, bobsr, tommyrusty7, markelman1125, Kliao, DBSTrader2, SurfinxHI, ChrisH821, CoinHoarder, Bolo, MICHAELDIXON, bigtime36, JWP, 1960NYGiants

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would go for the 32D/S Quarters then you can build your own album of WQ from the junk silver bins.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Only" $300 every time? Must be a fancy shop!

@daltex said:
    "Only" $300 every time? Must be a fancy shop!

Seems like people are dropping thousands everytime I go in.

I usually cherry pick 5 coins or so for album fillers, buy 90%, and/or buy rounds once in a while. Maybe a gram of gold

@erwindoc said:
    I would go for the 32D/S Quarters then you can build your own album of WQ from the junk silver bins.

Yea these were slabbed g4 D and vg8 s. I think it was $79 for the S and maybe 100 for the d.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's coins that we like. Money shouldn't trump it (sorta speaks) glad ya got the coin 😎

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VTchaser... Nice acquisitions. Collect what you like, can afford, when you can get them.... Have fun, it is a hobby. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file