Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Have any of you gotten back a 65 Day Submission within 65 days?

Comments

• Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 327 ✭✭✭

$25 per, cost me $450 plus shipping

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

I am really shocked that invoices from early March have not been completed as of today. As an owner of a company, I can not believe that PSA management is proud of their work. I am not sure I would have renewed my seven year lapsed "membership" had I known that grading specials were not going to benefit me and the services was going to be this slow.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

And the quality is less too

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

@Harnessracing said:

Those were panels of 3, right?
    3-1/2 x 6.75 overall size?
    Is that not 'Supersize' service at $75 per?

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Harnessracing said:

Which grading service? Just the $25 and regular card submittal?

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2023 1:32PM

@1954 said:
    I am really shocked that invoices from early March have not been completed as of today. As an owner of a company, I can not believe that PSA management is proud of their work. I am not sure I would have renewed my seven year lapsed "membership" had I known that grading specials were not going to benefit me and the services was going to be this slow.

The vintage subs are from FEB. I am stunned myself with all of this. It seems to have simply not improved at all. Is there actually a several million backlog? I thought there was all this expansion and hiring of all these graders etc.... I simply do not know what to think. Plus, most are extremely unhappy with the grades of vintage. It seems there is technology or something that is grading or assisting with the grading of vintage cards with the same standards as 2023 cards at times. Cards like 56's or 58's don't stand a chance. I just do not know what is going on.

• Options

@1954 said:

I wouldn't say I'm shocked, but really really disappointed. While some cards are for PC, the others are for flipping, but card values have decreased some 50% while they sit at PSA. My sub reached day 66 and is still at 'Grading' stage.

• Options

Weirdly, I sent 2 in for the FEB Vintage special that arrived within a week of each other. The first arrived at my house on May 12, but the 2nd is still in Grading (and has been in Grading for over a month).

Not sure what's happened with the second to delay the process.

• Options

$25 under $499 value, the system took it and yes 3 card panels

• Options

@Harnessracing said:
    $25 under $499 value, the system took it and yes 3 card panels

Cool. Appreciate that. I'm going to try to get those to them soon.

• Options

@dwills1955 said:
    PSA entered March 2nd, Monthly Special....Been in grading a LONG time. Waiting.....

Finally moved to Assembly 6/13/2023

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

PSA has never been a first in-- first out business for subs. Nowadays, consider yourself lucky if you send in a sub at the start of a season and actually get it back before the season ends. Unless, of course, you're sending in modern manufactured rarity cards at a much higher service level.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smallstocks said:
    2/23. Went to assembly 4 weeks ago. Hasn't moved an inch since.

That's depressing. My Feb March special of 137 vintage cards went to assembly last week. It looks like I may have to wait another month or more.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

@1954 said:

The vintage subs are from FEB. I am stunned myself with all of this. It seems to have simply not improved at all. Is there actually a several million backlog? I thought there was all this expansion and hiring of all these graders etc.... I simply do not know what to think. Plus, most are extremely unhappy with the grades of vintage. It seems there is technology or something that is grading or assisting with the grading of vintage cards with the same standards as 2023 cards at times. Cards like 56's or 58's don't stand a chance. I just do not know what is going on.

My guess is the majority of graders that have been hired and trained are focused on modern orders. Maybe they even redirected some experienced graders to focus on modern. So they could have massive new capacity but actually lower capacity for vintage compared to the pre-pandemic business model?

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2023 11:19AM

@RonSportscards said:

@1954 said:

I wouldn't say I'm shocked, but really really disappointed. While some cards are for PC, the others are for flipping, but card values have decreased some 50% while they sit at PSA. My sub reached day 66 and is still at 'Grading' stage.

Same here. The real kick in the nads is getting the "Get in on the action at $15 per card" email in my inbox today . . . Yeah, I'd love to get into the action, believe me.

• Options

had my 3/1 order move to assembly yesterday and QA1 today

• Options

@beachbumcollecting said:
    had my 3/1 order move to assembly yesterday and QA1 today

Finally something to give me hope on my order that's been there as long.

Though I just checked and mine's still in Grading...

• Options

@detroitfan2 said:

@RonSportscards said:

@1954 said:

Same here. The real kick in the nads is getting the "Get in on the action at $15 per card" email in my inbox today . . . Yeah, I'd love to get into the action, believe me.

Ha. I got in that action on Day 1. It's marked 'Arrived 6/5'. We'll see about this one.
    I'm digging to find more worthy of grading, but I don't have much 1990+.
    Also disappointed to find out that special is for standard size or smaller only, no tall boys, as I have some ready for grading that are a little over the standard size.

Where did all the seasoned graders go? I saw a behind the scenes YouTube vid for SGC, and it seemed like they didn't have a grader older than 25yo. I wonder if PSA has this problem as well.

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

Pre-1979 Bulk Order
    March 20 - Arrived
    March 27 - Entered
    June 13 - Shipped

55 business days by my count when starting from entered date.

• Options

@Geoff76 said:
    Pre-1979 Bulk Order
    March 20 - Arrived
    March 27 - Entered
    June 13 - Shipped

55 business days by my count when starting from entered date.

Show off!

• Options
    beachbumcollectingbeachbumcollecting Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2023 11:14AM

went QA2 and then shipped today. so 3 days from grading to shipped. grades meh! 40 cards , 2 min size, about 28 on the money .

59 fleers which are the easiest to grade I got crushed on, go figure. considering I have owned 4 sets graded 8/9 and graded many of those myself, I am curious how I got a 2.5 from the best cards of a NM/MT set and 1-8 out of 8 submitted. the struggle continues .............

• Options

@beachbumcollecting said:
    went QA2 and then shipped today. so 3 days from grading to shipped. grades meh! 40 cards , 2 min size, about 28 on the money .

59 fleers which are the easiest to grade I got crushed on, go figure. considering I have owned 4 sets graded 8/9 and graded many of those myself, I am curious how I got a 2.5 from the best cards of a NM/MT set and 1-8 out of 8 submitted. the struggle continues .............

That sucks. Sounds like the cards didn't spend much time in the QA1 grade review stage, and that's concerning.
    Hope you'll post pics when you get them back.

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

I just checked the six orders that I have had down there since late Feb/early March and low and behold three are in assembly and two are in Q2. Perhaps I might see shipment within the next week on these.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

@1954 said:
    I just checked the six orders that I have had down there since late Feb/early March and low and behold three are in assembly and two are in Q2. Perhaps I might see shipment within the next week on these.

Show off!!

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

5 weeks in assembly now . . .

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options

Ridiculous

• Options

Day 70 and it reached Assembly.

This month's special, I submitted online and shipped on 6/1.
    It arrived to PSA 2 business days later.
    It still has not been entered as of today (6/20).

I would think the volume of subs have been dramatically reduced.
    They still seem overwhelmed.

• Options

They are getting back to business as usual. Slow and crazy hard on vintage

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:

Damn, coming up on one month to enter your sub. That's unacceptable.

• Options

I'm thinking the February vintage special caused a minor backlog of PSA 2-PSA 4's as vintage collectors were dying to have an opportunity to send in beat up HOFers that no one wanted to buy raw.

• Options

@sayheywyo said:
    I'm thinking the February vintage special caused a minor backlog of PSA 2-PSA 4's as vintage collectors were dying to have an opportunity to send in beat up HOFers that no one wanted to buy raw.

Kind of doubt that since a raw vintage HoFer that would grade PSA 2-4 typically doesn't sell for a whole lot less than if it's graded. Certainly not $25 less unless it's a Mantle type player.

• Options

@detroitfan2 said:

@sayheywyo said:

Kind of doubt that since a raw vintage HoFer that would grade PSA 2-4 typically doesn't sell for a whole lot less than if it's graded. Certainly not $25 less unless it's a Mantle type player.

Sure been seeing a lot of Aaron, Mays, Mantle, Clemente, Williams, Musial, Koufax, All-Stars and league leaders with these players in new cert numbers.

• Options

@PNWcollector said:

@RonSportscards said:

Damn, coming up on one month to enter your sub. That's unacceptable.

I got the email yesterday, the sub has now been entered, and jumped 2 steps in 1 day, Order Prep --> Research and ID.

• Options

Arrived February 27, and just today:

So stupid question, but when do I finally get to see the grades? Silly me, I had thought it would be AFTER the grading step.

• Options

6 weeks in assembly now . . .

• Options

@smallstocks said:

Nooooooo! Don't say that. I thought I was close.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:

So stupid question, but when do I finally get to see the grades? Silly me, I had thought it would be AFTER the grading step.

At the "Shipping" step, after they charge your card.

• Options

@daltex said:

@detroitfan2 said:

Thanks! I thought there was a thread about some guy's grades arriving different than when they popped because an obvious error was corrected in one of the quality checks, so I was confused.

• Options

My Vintage Special that was entered on 03/07 is still in Grading (has been for over a month). I was really hoping I'd have them back by July 4, but that's starting to look a little doubtful.

• Options

@RonSportscards said:

@smallstocks said:

When I called customer service I got the usual BS. "The submission is only on day 84. Estimated completion is 90 days".

Clearly, this will not be done in time, and there obviously is some issue I am not being made aware of.

• Options

@detroitfan2 said:

@daltex said:

@detroitfan2 said:

Thanks! I thought there was a thread about some guy's grades arriving different than when they popped because an obvious error was corrected in one of the quality checks, so I was confused.

I remember that too. He got the grade reveal, but the card was pulled at the QA2 stage and the grade was changed or determined under min-size or something.

• Options

@smallstocks said:

@RonSportscards said:

@smallstocks said:

When I called customer service I got the usual BS. "The submission is only on day 84. Estimated completion is 90 days".

Clearly, this will not be done in time, and there obviously is some issue I am not being made aware of.

Maybe a card got damaged during assembly. I hope that's not the case.

My Feb special sub is way past the 65 business day/90 calendar day estimation. I'm trying to stay cool, but if, after all this, my cards come back undergraded, I'm afraid I might lose it.

• Options

My Feb special sub is way past the 65 business day/90 calendar day estimation. I'm trying to stay cool, but if, after all this, my cards come back undergraded, I'm afraid I might lose it.

Vintage or modern? Those were the terms of the special when we did it, but the customer service guy made up some garbage saying we were notified that it only applied to modern, and it was actually 90 business days for vintage. Regardless, today was already biz day 85 for me.

• Options

I had a 45 min call with a Quality Control leadership person. He was very nice and cordial but really could not explain how PSA assures consistency of grading or even how the Quality 1 and 2 levels works or what’s done at those levels. Interesting…..

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@Harnessracing said:
    I had a 45 min call with a Quality Control leadership person. He was very nice and cordial but really could not explain how PSA assures consistency of grading or even how the Quality 1 and 2 levels works or what’s done at those levels. Interesting…..

I think it's a PSA mandate not to share any specifics of the grading process to anyone outside the company. Pretty standard nondisclosure type of stuff really, not surprising they aren't laying out their protocols to you. I've received the same veiled explanations of their process when I have had cards damaged before and I was prying as to how it could happen.

• Options

Pretty much flew through Assembly and QA1. Now in QA2.

• Options

So my June special just jumped 2 steps, passing through grading stage, and went to assembly.
    Can that be right?!?
    What took 4 months for the Feb special, just took 1 week for this June special.
    Now both are at assembly. I don't know what to make of this.

• Options

My grades finally popped. Several of my cards do not have images. Anyone else have that problem?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Assembly can take a while...QA1 to QA2 to Shipping are usually pretty quick as can be Grading To Assembly.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    Assembly can take a while...QA1 to QA2 to Shipping are usually pretty quick as can be Grading To Assembly.

Not my June special sub. It unbelievably just went to QA1 in 1 day, passing my Feb special sub, which still sits at Assembly.
    They were each 30-35 card subs.