Home U.S. Coin Forum

Can I submit Platinum coins under Modern Gold (1965 to date)

SametsSamets Posts: 74 ✭✭
edited April 13, 2023 10:35AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have 2 Platinum 1/2oz coins I want to throw in under the Modern Gold tier since I'll be sending 10+ gold coins under that service level. Or do I have to submit the whole thing under Regular service?

Would there also be a problem if I throw in 1 US gold coin into that submission? It's the same price as US...

I'm just trying to minimize the number of packages and fees by combining everything into 1 submission...

Comments

  • MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I cannot find a "modern gold" service level. Here is a link to the current "service levels", and associated maximum coin values.

    There is only one "service level" per submission form. You will have to 'crunch the numbers' with your specific items to determine the lowest cost option (i.e., send multiple submissions to PCGS in the same box, or send a single submission to PCGS at the "Regular" service level).

  • lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MetroD said:
    I cannot find a "modern gold" service level. Here is a link to the current "service levels", and associated maximum coin values.

    I found it on the pdf form the formerly modern gold.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

  • MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @lilolme said:

    I found it on the pdf form the formerly modern gold.

    Good info. Thanks. :)

  • SametsSamets Posts: 74 ✭✭

    Odd... I just logged into my account again and that tier is still there and selectable...

  • SametsSamets Posts: 74 ✭✭

    @lilolme said:

    @MetroD said:
    I cannot find a "modern gold" service level. Here is a link to the current "service levels", and associated maximum coin values.

    I found it on the pdf form the formerly modern gold.

    Is the site not updated with the new matrix yet? It's been 4 months though!

  • SametsSamets Posts: 74 ✭✭

    So under US coins on the site, I do see the tiers you guys found but I'm unable to submit world coins under that tier.

  • MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2023 6:32AM

    @Samets said:
    Odd... I just logged into my account again and that tier is still there and selectable...

    My bad. I missed the part about your coins being world.

    FWIW, there still appears to be a terminology mismatch between the online and pdf versions of the world submission form. Your screenshot of the online version says "modern gold", while the pdf version says "modern".


    Source: https://www.pcgs.com/submissionform/worldcoin.pdf

    Edited to Add:
    Here is the pdf version of the US submission form for your lone US gold coin. As I understand it, it is possible to ship multiple submission to PCGS in the same box.


    Source: https://www.pcgs.com/faq

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file