Home Metal Detecting

NE Iowa, Twin City, SW Wisconsin area?

I would like to get into the hobby and learn best from reading, watching, and experiencing. Is there anyone willing to show me the ropes before I invest in equipment? I'd gladly spend time helping someone hunt and hopefully uncover some treasures on an 1860-1880 farm we moved to.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JolleyWrencher... Welcome aboard.... There should be some responses here soon, but meanwhile, I would recommend you check for MD clubs in your area, or stores that sell MD equipment. Those shops could put you in touch with some of their customers. Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JolleyWrencher Welcome, good advice from ricko. Use the Google to find a local detecting group and maybe a local detector dealer. Many dealers are set up in their residence. Also the YouTube shall get your blood pumping. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52