Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My So-Called Dollar Presentations for the Fellowship Gathering are now online

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 8, 2023 4:17PM in U.S. Coin Forum

For anyone interested in the So-Called Dollar Fellowship Gathering presentations, my presentations are now online at my newly revamped site Private Mint News.

There's been some talk about getting the other presentations online which I'm a big supporter of. It's a great event, and so much is shared, so it's nice to be able to get these up for others to reference, and even for me to see again.

2023 presentation: So-Called Dollars for War Service

https://privatemintnews.com/presentations/so-called-dollars-for-war-service/

2021 presentation: So-Called Dollar Store Card Mules

https://privatemintnews.com/presentations/so-called-dollar-store-card-mules/

Here's a list of the presentations at the 2023 gathering. While some presenters are on the forums, I left off the names for privacy as not every is public here.

1. So-Called Dollars Volume I: U.S. Expositions
  2. Lovett’s Washington Medals
  3. The 1984 Louisiana World Exposition
  4. Revolutionary War Era Battle Sites I have visited
  5. So-Called Dollars for Wartime Service
  6. Analysis of Minting Anomalies of a few 19th Century SCD’s and a few other Tidbits
  7. George Morgan’s versions of the 1876 Centennial Medal
  8. How to determine “Actual Rarities” when facts aren’t fully known
  9. Issac F. Woods Satirical Medals
  10. Cool SCD’s related to the World’s Columbian Exposition Buildings: Lauer and State Building Medals

Of course, we need a coin or medal, so here's my WWI Victory Medal which is included in my presentation:

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins... Wow... I really like those War Service SCD's. Thanks for the link and information. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ByersByers Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

John-

Thanks for sharing your in-depth analysis and research!

mikebyers.com Dealer in Major Mint Errors, Die Trials & Patterns - Author of NLG Best World Coin Book World's Greatest Mint Errors - Publisher & Editor of minterrornews.com.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Rick and Mike!

It really is fun putting these together and presenting them. Each area is really rich and deserves good attention so I'm glad to have done this and shared it at the gathering. I really enjoyed working with Jeff, John and others on this.

I look forward to many more gatherings in the future.!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file