Home Q & A Forum
Options

Opinions on grade and value of these 1960s pennies

Answers

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

Impossible to grade from those photos. They appear to be blazers!

Welcome aboard

• Options

Well those Aren't very good pictures are they they basically look pristine in person. I came across these lovely specimens over the last week or so. The reverse is the same

• Options

• Options

Well that probably didn't help much either I'm not a very good photographer and I'm just learning how to use the microscope. I'm a newbie numie. Lol

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Too much glare to grade.
    If you were to crop and rotate your photos, it might help.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check your pics before you post them. Out of focus pics are worthless here. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

• Options

After painstakingly trying multiple methods to figure out how to take a picture of a coin without glare I still don't feel like I was successful but this is the best possible picture I could take with my phone. If anyone has any suggestions on it way to take pictures with your phone I would be thrilled beyond belief to hear how to do it

• Options

Recently I found a few Star notes. And when I went to do a search on the one starting out it says this popped up on the screen.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nerves of steel are required with a camera phone.
    Would you hire the above photographer to record your wedding ? Not a chance.
    That's how you must look at this process.

After many try's sometimes ya just get lucky.

• Options

I know, right??! OMG it took me hours to get that picture. And compound it with the fact that I have narrow angle glaucoma and cataracts. I don't know how to take a picture with my microscope yet. Or download the image to the SMS. I'm trying to conquer quite the learning curve considering my vision. But I really enjoy it ....any suggestions? And any thoughts on the star note search results?

• Options

@Queenastoria66 said:
    After painstakingly trying multiple methods to figure out how to take a picture of a coin without glare I still don't feel like I was successful but this is the best possible picture I could take with my phone. If anyone has any suggestions on it way to take pictures with your phone I would be thrilled beyond belief to hear how to do it

Are you using a regular coin microscope? Try one of these. Amazon has them. I paid $6 dollars. It
    clips onto your camera lens, has a light and works way better than a regular coin microscope and a whole lot cheaper

• Options

Here are a couple of pictures using the phone microscope. And you don't have to download or upload to sms. Just go to photos and choose. It's easier to edit too.

• Options

WOW!!! That's awesome!! Thank you for the tip