Buffalo Nickel

Options

This looks like extra legs?

Comments

  • dsessom
    dsessom Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    It's actually pretty common with Buffalo nickels.

    Best regards,
    Dwayne F. Sessom
    Ebay ID: V-Nickel-Coins
    My V Nickel Registry Set - https://pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset/71874
  • Matt97932
    Matt97932 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Options

    What causes this effect??

  • Jimnight
    Jimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    I see 4 legs on that critter 2 in the front and 2 in the back.

  • dsessom
    dsessom Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    @Matt97932 said:
    What causes this effect??

    I will call in @crazyhounddog to answer that question. I honestly have no idea, but I bet the hound dog will know! :)

    Best regards,
    Dwayne F. Sessom
    Ebay ID: V-Nickel-Coins
    My V Nickel Registry Set - https://pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset/71874
  • JWP
    JWP Posts: 37,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    @JBK said:
    That little thing on his underside isn't a leg. :#:D

    YA THINK 🦧

    USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

  • Shane6596
    Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Ill take a WAG at it. I think i read somewhere about die deterioration and metal flow lines around the legs and MM.

    Someone more knowledgeable will be along.

    Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

  • ricko
    ricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Looks like die deterioration to me.... Cheers, RickO

  • BuffaloIronTail
    BuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    It's typical die deterioration, or possibly just machine doubling. damage.

    The reverse looks good otherwise, with a full (or close to) strike and a non clash condition.

    Pete

    "I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Steven59
    Steven59 Posts: 11,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Looks like MD.

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file