Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just got 2 unusual coins

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you think.

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve seen that Civil War token with the shattered die and die clashes – very neat
    The Lincoln cent photo is very blurry, but does not look genuine from what I can see – the reverse seems to be double struck, but there’s a partial reverse on the obv. too but doesn’t match the other side

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options

Later tonight I will try to get a better photo!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that CWT!

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Broas Bros token with shattered dies is actually kinda common, though it boggles my mind how they were able to strike so many planchets with dies in such poor condition.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PTVETTER ... The second pictures of the Lincoln cent tells me it is a fake... PMD. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file