Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Am I going coo-coo crazy or is this something?

I saw this late at night, it kind of looks like a 4 over 4 on my half, but it’s probably just pareidolia. Am I going crazy or what??

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

Comments

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I learned something today! I had to Google "pareidolia". I have never heard anyone use that term before, so thank you!

At any rate, I cannot see anything out of the ordinary. I am not sure what you are seeing, but that is a very cool Bust half! I love those curled 2's on the 1820's halves.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is the result of most new "finds" by newcomers to the forum.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

That little line in the center of the 4, though now I think it's just PMD.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too had to goggle pareidolia. Thanks for the new word I’ve never heard before and is very usable.
    I don’t smell what you’re stepping in. I see nothing out if the ordinary with the number 4. So, I do think you are suffering from, pareidolia😉

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just have a bowl of Co Co Puffs.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dsessom said:

@MWallace said:

@dsessom said:
    Well, I learned something today! I had to Google "pareidolia". I have never heard anyone use that term before, so thank you!

Hang around Dwayne. You'll hear it used here a lot.

Pareidolia is the reason people see Jesus on their toast. Or Mickey Mouse in the clouds. There is a texturing pattern on my bathroom wall that looks like someone giving the finger. It makes me laugh.

I saw the face of the Grinch that stole Christmas peeking out of the wood grain in the door of the exam room at my doctor's office yesterday.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    dunkleosteus430dunkleosteus430 Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

@tommy44 said:

@dsessom said:

@MWallace said:

@dsessom said:

Hang around Dwayne. You'll hear it used here a lot.

Pareidolia is the reason people see Jesus on their toast. Or Mickey Mouse in the clouds. There is a texturing pattern on my bathroom wall that looks like someone giving the finger. It makes me laugh.

I saw the face of the Grinch that stole Christmas peeking out of the wood grain in the door of the exam room at my doctor's office yesterday.

A long time ago I saw a goblin face in the tiles in the shower. It scared me and I would go a long time without washing.

Young Numismatist

• Options

• Options

:#

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone wearing heel taps?
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some one got one that looked like Elvis out of a box of lucky charms a while back 😒

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dsessom said:

The laminate in the shower in Washington state had a wise man on a mountain that repeated every 4 feet.

In all seriousness, it's a deeply coded response to the risks of being a small tasty mammal on the dangerous savannah. Sure that weird shape in the grass next to the watering hole might NOT be a Lioness looking for dinner, but what if it IS?

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    silviosisilviosi Posts: 456 ✭✭✭

As an retried MD (more), I can say that address to someone has Pareidolia it is prejudicar and insulting. the Pareidolia it is a first stage collateral with Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder find in.

Me I never use, instead I use optical illusion. Hope no one it is offenses by my intervention.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT.FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL.THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE. MARK TWAIN

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing anything with the 4.

• Options

@Jimnight said:
    I'm not seeing anything with the 4.

I think my late-night brain was thinking this:
    was a part of a 4, but I think I’m just…

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to pause the TV and take a pic of the screen one night. I'm always hyper focused when my show comes on cause you know I'm trying to solve the mystery (just ask my wife) she says its fake while watching the real housewives LOL.

One skull face below the sign and at least one more above.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

We could call in you know who :#

• Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody on this forum can "go crazy." The fact that you even collect coins means you've already arrived. $100 for a penny!?!?!?

Have to go now. I think I'm seeing the Mona Lisa in the wood grain of my coffee table.

• Options

@Coinscratch said:
    We could call in you know who :#

No, don't you dare! :D

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ownerofawheatiehorde.... It is not a 4/4... there is what looks like a die chip or surface anomaly there (circled)...and some die wear around the numeral. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file