Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ebay..............

spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 4, 2023 8:03AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Each time I think I am going to consider opening a store again on feepay (left in 2011), then something new happens that makes me stop dead in my tracks. This was first reported on Sports Talk here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUf9ID2Gnfw

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Comments

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

That thread was basically killed by being moved to the BST. What these executives did is indefensible, and appalling.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wowser.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. CEO had a duty to choose his words with care, as do all leaders.

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many corporations feel that they are above the law, and government, and believe that they can do whatever they need to do to maintain or increase profits. Many have more than enough money to buy off elected officials to pass legislation that allows them to do things that are immoral, unsavory, or even downright destructive. Welcome to corporate America.

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been fortunate to find hundreds of reputable and good sellers on eBay. There are always bad apples, but more than 99% of the sellers I have worked with are good. eBay as a corporation, well I have no doubt it is rife with corruption and at the very least questionable business practices. Greed permeates all facets of life, and those in it for personal gain at the expense of the rule of law must face the harshest of penalties. For justice to stand, it must be swift, certain and severe.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2023 10:38AM

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erscolo said:
    I have been fortunate to find hundreds of reputable and good sellers on eBay. There are always bad apples, but more than 99% of the sellers I have worked with are good. eBay as a corporation, well I have no doubt it is rife with corruption and at the very least questionable business practices. Greed permeates all facets of life, and those in it for personal gain at the expense of the rule of law must face the harshest of penalties. For justice to stand, it must be swift, certain and severe.

This is not about eBay sellers or even greed. This is about eBay going after and harassing a couple who published a newsletter covering e-marketing that posted some criticism of eBay and an eBay executive.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2023 10:07AM

Looks like a certain couple are going to be multimillionaires soon.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old news.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2023 10:22AM

@jmlanzaf said:
    Old news.

But it gives the haters another link to bash eBay.

The OP says he wants to open a store on FeeBay, ya right. Just a way to disguise a bash.

To the OP, I opened a store on ebay years ago and it went so well I upgrade to a premium store.

OP, just open a store already... if you have great products and a business sense you will be profitable.

Probably easier just to complain.

• Options

@ctf_error_coins said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Old news.

But it gives the haters another link to bash eBay.

The OP says he wants to open a store on FeeBay, ya right. Just a way to disguise a bash.

To the OP, I opened a store on ebay years ago and it went so well I upgrade to a premium store.

OP, just open a store already... if you have great products and a business sense you will be profitable.

I agree. It was discussed on this forum in 2019 when the resignations happened.

If he really wanted to open a store, the actions of a bunch of FORMER employees really wouldn't be an issue.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a shame (and disgusting)

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rogue employees.....it happens.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Old news.

Not to some of us, like me.................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@ctf_error_coins said:

Costs to sell on ebay will take about 50% of the profit which is not viable IMO, cut the fees in half where they should be and more people like me would be selling there. Margins are tight in most numismatic areas. Maybe for error coins you have better margins. Even if I could do an even greater markup to accommodate the high ebay fees and still find buyers, I find myself even more reluctant when I see what is happening with this type of corporate corruption......................... It gives me pause.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would we "expect" any different than the same actions of Google, Twitter, FB, et al? But this forum is about coins so here's a link to coins on ebay I have for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/225496699856

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@spacehayduke said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

Costs to sell on ebay will take about 50% of the profit which is not viable IMO, cut the fees in half where they should be and more people like me would be selling there. Margins are tight in most numismatic areas. Maybe for error coins you have better margins. Even if I could do an even greater markup to accommodate the high ebay fees and still find buyers, I find myself even more reluctant when I see what is happening with this type of corporate corruption......................... It gives me pause.

The cost of selling nothing is zero. But so is the profit.

• Options

Thread, thread title, link are all about EBAY.

Let's please and try to keep the discussion on the subject of coins.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.