Home U.S. Coin Forum

Nielsen Survey. It Is Coin Related.

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

About a month ago I received a letter with a $2 bill requesting my participation in their survey. If I completed it they would forward me $10 more. It checked out as a legitimate concern. I thought it might be communications only related,TV,Movie,Radio etc. I agreed and filled it out on line. It was rather lengthy It was far from just comm. related. The questions covered a myriad of topics. Now the coin related part. When it came to asking about your hobbies coins and stamps came up along with many other listed hobbies. Anyone here ever receive a survey such as this? Both bills survived the mail delivery and arrived. About 12 years ago I did receive a strictly comm. related survey. What TV channels you watch,TV programs,Radio stations you listen to in your area.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I rarely participate in such surveys. I say rarely, because years ago, I did fill out some surveys that were of interest. I will accept non-solicited contributions of currency sent through the mail, since they do not obligate me in any way. ;) Cheers, RickO

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nowhere do I say I will answer the questions correctly.

Answers $10
    Correct answers $20
    Answers requiring thought $100
    Dumb looks are still free

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    About a month ago I received a letter with a $2 bill requesting my participation in their survey. If I completed it they would forward me $10 more. It checked out as a legitimate concern. I thought it might be communications only related,TV,Movie,Radio etc. I agreed and filled it out on line. It was rather lengthy It was far from just comm. related. The questions covered a myriad of topics. Now the coin related part. When it came to asking about your hobbies coins and stamps came up along with many other listed hobbies. Anyone here ever receive a survey such as this? Both bills survived the mail delivery and arrived. About 12 years ago I did receive a strictly comm. related survey. What TV channels you watch,TV programs,Radio stations you listen to in your area.

Never seen that but I am not surprised. I have long thought that the professional trade organizations and associations that oversee our little niche needed better demographic and statistical data on: who are members are....who visits an LCS...who is buying online....who goes to coin shows...how often do you make purchases of coins and/or gold/silver bullion....etc.

How can you serve your customers if you don't know who or what they are ?

• erscoloerscolo Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never participate in surveys as I have yet to see a benefit in doing so. That being said, I don't think I ever received one from Nielsen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file