Home U.S. Coin Forum

2022 Mint Set Purchase

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
Just bought a 2022 Mint Set from my LCS.
What's special about this one is there appears to be a " Strike Through" on the Philadelphia Jefferson nickel.
On the obverse & reverse! Sure it's minor but still very cool!
After examining the rest of the coins. A few are impeccable! Namely on one of the Quarter and Dime.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty cool buddy. I’m learning to look closer at coins and as my eye gets better I’m beginning to grade and scan quickly for doubling, etc. Thanks for the pictures as they arrived at a time I am beginning to see other variations on coins and enjoy your catches in the wild.
    Carry on my brother 🤠

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking just like spenders in great condition!
    No more "Burning Airplanes" for you! :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeyCoins ... Interesting nickel... has a significant hit on the rim as well... Great pictures as usual. Cheers, RickO

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @JoeyCoins ... Interesting nickel... has a significant hit on the rim as well... Great pictures as usual. Cheers, RickO

I believe that is part of the USM packaging, a prong of sorts.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smuglr ... You are correct... I misinterpreted that picture, thanks for pointing it out. Cheers, RickO

• DoubleDimeDoubleDime Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Why are the 5 Quarters not together ? Set would look balanced with 5 coins on one side and 5 on the other.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2023 7:27AM

Nice find

Many happy BST transactions
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, Joey. Hope you like it. For me it is one of the ugliest collection of U.S. Coins I have ever witnessed and the reason I have a ton of 2001, 2002 and 2007 junk mint set. Why would anyone want them? This is my opinion and I've made it many times over the modern coins. Cartoonish type designers. I know the modern collectors will let me have it, so go for it.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • erscoloerscolo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a pair of these from the mint last year, then ordered one more which I opened. The other two remain in their original boxes, a tradition going back to the first boxes in 2006. The packaging was not as good as 2021 and earlier, which is par for the course. As for the coin designs, nothing will ever top the Saint Gaudens $20, the Wieman 50 cents and 10 cents. They are in a class of their own. I do collect modern coins, having nothing older than 1930, and what someone else thinks of that is their issue, not mine. The same works in reverse. Enjoy the sets most of all.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2023 10:08AM

The only mint sets I have, at the moment, are the 2020, 2 of them, 2021 and now the 2022.
    All are unopened, except the latest, 2022.
    :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file