Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Reholdering Turnaround Times

oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

What turnaround times are members experiencing for reholdering? I've accumulated quite a few - time to clean things up. Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    CuprinkorCuprinkor Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Hello Old Abe in TX:
    I have one regular reholder at PCGS right now. They received it on 2/21/28 and it's been in QA status for a week now, so any day I guess.

• Options

@Cuprinkor said:
    Hello Old Abe in TX:
    I have one regular reholder at PCGS right now. They received it on 2/21/28 and it's been in QA status for a week now, so any day I guess.

Thanks, I'm bailing out of TX for the summer and don't have anyone here to sign for a return shipment. I've made that mistake before with both major services.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

no regrade, no variety, no TrueView .... just reholder?

• Options
    ShurkeShurke Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

My last reholder submission was pretty quick, taking just over a month. PCGS received the box on Feb 7, and it was back in my hands Mar 12.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oldabeintx... Why leave Texas in the summer?? I lived there (Houston) for three years and loved it.... Good luck with your reholder/return. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@davewesen said:
    no regrade, no variety, no TrueView .... just reholder?

Yes.

• Options

@ricko said:
    @oldabeintx... Why leave Texas in the summer?? I lived there (Houston) for three years and loved it.... Good luck with your reholder/return. Cheers, RickO

It's hot as heck in Dallas in the summer, beautiful now. Kids and grandkids in both WA and TX. So, we split our time between WA and TX depending on the season.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oldabeintx... Yep, WA state in the summer can be really nice... Lived and worked there for twenty years prior to retiring. Would not go back to Seattle now... but the Eastern part of the state is beautiful too. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oldabeintx said:

It's hot as heck in Dallas in the summer, beautiful now. Kids and grandkids in both WA and TX. So, we split our time between WA and TX depending on the season.

I am just a couple hundred miles north of you, in Lawton Oklahoma. Yes, it does get hot and miserable in July-August. You should be able to contact PCGS and change the return address to your WA address - or get the post office to forward all your mail.

• Options

@dsessom said:

@oldabeintx said:

I am just a couple hundred miles north of you, in Lawton Oklahoma. Yes, it does get hot and miserable in July-August. You should be able to contact PCGS and change the return address to your WA address - or get the post office to forward all your mail.

Thanks, that's good advice, I've done both in the past but I'm talking several thousands of dollars, so I'm more comfortable keeping it simple. Plus with an unknown turnaround time it's easy to misdirect timing-wise. Happened to me last year and created quite a hassle getting my shipment (auction in that case). Reholdering is something I can be patient with so I'll probably wait until the fall when I settle back in TX. That's when I submit for grading since turnaround is so iffy.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

they have different fees depending on values

2,500/$100,000 $14/$25

if more than $2500. then mandatory Gold Shield which will add a couple weeks for True View

otherwise should not be more than a couple weeks (but inconsistent)
    write reholder on package so does nor take a week to open

with your value, you may want to deliver to PCGS at a show they attend

• Options

@davewesen said:
    they have different fees depending on values

2,500/$100,000 $14/$25

if more than $2500. then mandatory Gold Shield which will add a couple weeks for True View

otherwise should not be more than a couple weeks (but inconsistent)
    write reholder on package so does nor take a week to open

with your value, you may want to deliver to PCGS at a show they attend

Thanks Dave, great tips.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file