Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1956 Ben Franklin "Bugs Bunny" FS-401 Found

arby96arby96 Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone, Today I have been going through my Ben Franklin Half dollars I have scored over the years while CRH. While inspecting my Franklin half dollar for errors I found this awesome 1956 "Bugs Bunny" FS-401 Ben Franklin Half Dollar. I have found over 400 half dollars over the years CRH and I decided to take a closer look at them today. I can't believe I have had this in my collection and didn't even know. What an awesome find. Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice variety thanks for sharing the hunt.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice find. 👍🏻

Tip to everyone: always check and double check your collection. I've cherrypicked my own collection more then once over the years. Having a doubled Die or something significant in your collection and not know it...............well, you know the rest of the story.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score 👍

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@arby96 ... Nice find. Always a thrill to find something in one's collection that is special - and a surprise. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like cherry picking yourself.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

Wonderful!

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Pick!
    Love those obvious teeth. The Money area
    that sometimes doesn't need a loupe!
    Congratulations
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Options
    arby96arby96 Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2023 2:31PM

Thanks everyone, For sure double check your own collection. I hope to find some more GEMs. I have a lot to check. I have always seen the 55 and 56 Bugs Bunny. Those are the most talked about and sought after. Did you Know the Bugs Bunny starts with the 1949 through 1963. No known 1957-58's. Time to complete the set now. LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file