Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Posted-GTG, Large Cents back from PCGS

Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 20, 2023 5:24AM in U.S. Coin Forum

After 2+ months, here are a couple recently encapsulated large cents to view. GTG if you wish.
As usual, my pics aren’t that great, but should provide enough for ballpark estimates.
——————————————————————-
Looks like most of the guesses were in the ballpark, as expected. Also I need to make sure future photos are cropped sufficiently Lol.

The 1811 was from the Rod Burress estate, long time president of the EAC.

The 1807 was from Tom Reynolds.
If I can find the provenance later I’ll add it.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Comments

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beauties, Greg. Hope I'm close but F15 on 1811 and VF25 on 1807. At 1st look at the 1807 I thought wow XF, but using my guides I feel these are close to EAC grades. Hope better.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll go 20 on the first one and 30 on the 2nd

Mr_Spud

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lovely coins... I was thinking more F12 on the 1811... super tough to find any Classic Head LC that isn't corroded or really dark. Yours has superior color. I could see the 1807 holdering at either VF20 or 25. Again, really nice color and the fields are clean.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    RLSnapperRLSnapper Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins! I guessed F15 on the 1811 before peeking at the cert. I will go VF25 on the 1807..the reverse is stronger than that but the obverse is a 25. You have a great eye for early copper.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

15 on the 1811 seems reasonable but 12 will be my estimate for the grade. The 1807 is the greater challenge and if there is doubt, I give it that benefit- VF30 would be my estimate

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

The grade of the 1811 is visible in the pic. Nice 1811. I had to settle (for now) for an AG for that type.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

1811: VG10

1807: F12

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, and I thought I was being within standards. Back to school.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭

1811 F12. 1807 VF 25.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can see the 12 under the glare on the first one.

• Options

Grades and additional commentary posted in first box.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed the GTG time slot... but nice copper.... The central portion of the 1807 reverse is quite nice. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins for a couple of tough dates.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like both coins... note to self: seek out Reynolds graded F15's... :)

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    Nice coins for a couple of tough dates.

Thanks. The 1811 was a no-brainer as soon as I saw it some years back. My pics don’t do it justice, but it has one of the nicest planchets for that date that I’ve seen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file