Home U.S. Coin Forum

1900 o/cc Morgan dollar, most subtle over mintmark?

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 18, 2023 5:30PM in U.S. Coin Forum

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1900-o-cc-1/7268

There are 12 vams on this overdate. Which is the toughest to see? I picked up one a few years ago from a dealer in there common Morgan dollar box, was a nice VF at least. I guess he didn't realize some are hard to see....

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might try www.vamworld.com

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one in my CC series collection... Have never checked to identify the VAM... Maybe someday... Cheers, RickO

• coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Vam 10 which is the one I have. When the dealer at a show sold to me, he said it might not be an 0/CC, he wasn't sure either, the 2nd C was so faint. But for $30, it was worth the gamble. With a good loupe, turns out it was a VF O/CC.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2023 12:54PM

So that no one gets confused or the wrong idea, the 1900-O/CC is an over-mintmark, not an over-date.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Vamworld.com

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback! There are a couple that are hard to see. Looking at both the examples on Coinfacts and the Vamworld I could not see the one I was looking for which was tough to see with some metal inside the "O" but not seeing it with these examples.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file