PCGS, and CAC and NGC and..... Sight White

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet, another new sticker!

https://sightwhite.com/

This one is for Ricko!!

Comments

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2023 7:31PM

Slight white is not that new. It's also a somewhat useless sticker, coins tone over time so some of the coins with a slight white sticker will not be slightly white in the future.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

They missed an opportunity. The label should have had an image of the "Big Dipper." And what is this nonsense about white coins selling the best in all markets? Have these people been living under a rock? In many segments of the market (e.g. early federal), blast white trades at a discount.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2023 6:13AM

I don’t need a sticker lol to tell if coin a blazer with super luster, bright white. People pay for a sticker that tells that? Unbelievable.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • JW77JW77 Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, now I see this as even more laughable than Scot Travers 27th Eagle.

• Shane6596Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need more stickers. Gotta get these slabbed coins looking like a nascar.

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sight White is not a sticker that commands a premium. This is a service that Bob Paul started in PA. Personally, I don't need anyone to tell me if the coin is white, or toned. I do have this remedial skill.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭

Earlier NGC graded coins were labeled W for white

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think PCI did that also…

• CircCamCircCam Posts: 217 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cougar1978 said:
    I don’t need a sticker lol to tell if coin a blazer with super luster, bright white. People pay for a sticker that tells that? Unbelievable.

@NeophyteNumismatist said:
    Sight White is not a sticker that commands a premium. This is a service that Bob Paul started in PA. Personally, I don't need anyone to tell me if the coin is white, or toned. I do have this remedial skill.

If you’re a wholesale dealer, you might want to buy a large group of Morgans sight unseen knowing they aren’t coins with “buts” - I.e. a white MS64 that looks gem but has a big black toning spot on the reverse that hurts the eye appeal and value regardless of the technical grade.

Unless things have changed since he explained it to me at a show in 2019, that’s the logical point/use of it and it’s not intended to be a sticker to prove to people that the coin in front of them is white.

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely hate stickers.

That said, I should probably come up with sticker for only the most eye appealing error coins >:)

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I own two of them but didn’t pay a premium for either one. Both are nice white coins.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file