Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1867 Seated Dime made into a love token - Will ANACS slab this?

OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's me again, the biggest cheapskate in Seated collecting.

So here's another little Seated thing I got in lately. I bought this 1867 Seated Dime love token for a very reasonable price not too long ago.

The obverse has several characteristics showing that this coin is an 1867 Philadelphia F-102 business strike:

Date position 1C - correct position for 1867
Bottom of 7 in date aligns with space between denticles
Date is very high, very close to the base of the rock
Bold die clash on Liberty's shoulder, which appears on 1867 Philadelphia dimes, is visible.

Question is, would ANACS slab this coin if I sent it into them as an 1867 dime with F-102 specified? From what I know of the TPGs, ANACS is best with slabbing specific varieties such as this (I really just want it confirmed as an 1867, of course). Does anyone have experience with sending in coins like this?

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

Comments

• Options
    Shane6596Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2023 5:32PM

I dont know if Anacs would do it or not.

If ya wanna go real cheap, slab your own. Then you can make any label you want.

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with 'slab your own'... You can put all the details on your own label to show authenticity. If it is for your own collection, seems like the best way to proceed. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file